Antialiasing causes corrupt graphics - help

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

Antialiasing causes corrupt graphics - help

Postby Smoke_On_Go » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:23 am

Anyone get corrupt graphics when they turn on their Antialiasing (AA)?  If I select AA of any factor (2x, 4x etc) all I get is a big mess on the screen consisting of fast flashing between the desktop and the CFS3 scenery, or hideous purply pink and green textures.

If I turn AA off, all is OK!!  arrrgghhhh!!!

I'm running Windows XP SP1 and this is what I've tried so far.

1.      Upgraded to version 3.1
2.      Installed DirectX 9
3.      Disabled Firewall (Zone Alarm)
4.      Disabled Virus Scan
5.      Run Nvidia Drivers 30-82 (as recommended on the CFS3 website, but no improvement currently running 41-09 drivers)
6.      Reduced Hardware acceleration
7.      Deselected
AMD 2600+, Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra,
512Mb RAM, Leadtek A280 Ti4200 8x
Smoke_On_Go
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Antialiasing causes corrupt graphics - help

Postby Whitey » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:19 am

Hmm...I say get the 29.42 drivers.  Great graphics and high frame rates.  I went from an average of 14fps with alll settings at 3 to 21 with all settings at 5 after going back from the 30.82s! ;D

As for your AA problem...the only way I know to solve my AA problems in FS2002 is to turn up your screen resolution in the game.  It doesn't actually matter if you make it higher than your monitor can really go.  It just makes your Video Card work harder. :)
Whitey
Major
Major

Postby Smoke_On_Go » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:09 pm

Thanks for responding Whitey,

I tried upping the res, but no joy.
However this time I get flashes of black and white rectangles all over the screen!!

I also went to the Tweaks folder and tried out the suggested tweaks but still no fix.

:(

If anyone else has had a similar problem or has a hunch about why the AA might be affecting my game in this way I sure would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Smoke_On_Go
Smoke_On_Go
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby WarbirdJoc » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:21 am

AntiAliasing does not work in CFS3 and Microsoft has admitted it.  See "AntiAliasing. Where is it?" in this Forum.  You will have to wait for a future revision.
WarbirdJoc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Smoke_On_Go » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:12 am

I've read that thread before. I understand that they are refering to the option of setting AA from within the CFS3 Configuration Utility.  I am aware that when you set the AA from here, that it doesn't take and will always reset itself to none.

I'm trying to set AA through my graphics card driver, not the configuration utility.

Are they one in the same?  From what Jere says in his "Blinking and Crashing Problems" thread, it would appear that they are unrelated and I should still be able to get AA to work via my Detonator drivers.

Is this a correct assumption?

Smoke_on_Go
Smoke_On_Go
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Whitey » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:17 am

Someone's got AOL?  I get the same repeated message quite often. ;D

Yes, it should still work.  Have you got any other M$ sims?  If you have turon on AA in the Settings page of them and see of it works properly.  If not, I say tell M$ of the problem.  You probably won't get a reply, but they might address the problem at a later date. ;)

PS:  Contact the CFS3 team here: tell_cfs@microsoft.com
Whitey
Major
Major

Postby Whitey » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:18 am

Someone's got AOL?  I get the same repeated message quite often. ;D

Yes, it should still work.  Have you got any other M$ sims?  If you have turon on AA in the Settings page of them and see of it works properly.  If not, I say tell M$ of the problem.  You probably won't get a reply, but they might address the problem at a later date. ;)

PS:  Contact the CFS3 team here: tell_cfs@microsoft.com
Whitey
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3