Blinking and crashing problems

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

Blinking and crashing problems

Postby Jere Keskiaho » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:27 pm

I'm having serious blinking and crashing problems with cfs3.

Every time game loads something screen goes all messed up. I get horziontal blinking stripes. Even when flying suddently those blinking stripes appear again.

I have tried to change video card drivers without result. If i change back to drivers version 38.80. Then blinking is black instead of colourful stripes. With drivers 40.19 blinking is colourful again.

I have tried almost every option in cfs3 config. Ihave disabled this and that without any result. I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.

Is anyone having similar problems.

One more thing. When i installed the game in main menu there was background with plane and pilot (3d). Now there is stupid 2d background and that is really annoying, because i don't see plane i'm choosing.

I have GF4 ti-4600 and pentium 4 2.0GHz

Game version is 3.0

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks.
Jere Keskiaho

Re: Blinking and crashing problems

Postby corvette » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:02 pm

when you removed the drivers, whatever version they were, did you use the detonater to totally clear the drivers? Its a program to completely remove them so some portion of the driver isn't left. Also, what is your refresh rate on your monitor at now? Another thing that I had to do to fix my problems were to update the AGP drivers for my mobo. I have a VIA chipset mobo and sure enuff, they had the 3.0 AGP drivers out, so you may wanna try that too
corvette
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jere Keskiaho » Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:11 pm

Thanks for your answers.

I fixed the problem by selecting first AA off and then i noticed, that game runs great without it. Then i adjusted it to 4x instead of quincuix. No blinking. But it still kept crashing. Then i removed detonator drivers manually (that remove program didn't work with XP) and installed again 40.19 drivers for my GF4.

Now game runs great.  
Jere Keskiaho

Postby Smoke_On_Go » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:25 pm

Hey Jere,

I'm having the same problem You did.  See thread titled Antialiasing causes corrupted graphics - help.

I note your solution.  I too have found that AA off works fine but with AA on I the game flashes.

Can you give me more of a detailed rundown of how you fixed the problem.

Smoke_On_Go
AMD 2600+, Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra,
512Mb RAM, Leadtek A280 Ti4200 8x
Smoke_On_Go
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby WarbirdJoc » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:16 am

Antialiasing doesn't work in CFS3 and Microsoft has admitted it.  See "Antialiasing.  Where is it?" in this Forum.
WarbirdJoc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Smoke_On_Go » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:23 am

I've read that thread before. I understand that they are refering to the option of setting AA from within the CFS3 Configuration Utility.  I am aware that when you set the AA from here, that it doesn't take and will always reset itself to none.

I'm trying to set AA through my graphics card driver, not the configuration utility.

Are they one in the same?  From what Jere says above in his this thread, it would appear that they are unrelated and I should still be able to get AA to work via my Detonator drivers.

Is this a correct assumption?

Smoke_on_Go
AMD 2600+, Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra,
512Mb RAM, Leadtek A280 Ti4200 8x
Smoke_On_Go
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3