Antialiasing? Where s it?

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

Antialiasing? Where s it?

Postby Eric_Rose » Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:39 am

I have an XTacy GeForce4 Ti 4600 and a p4 2.0 ghz comp. I am looking to check my antialiasing settings for my card, but I can no longer fin where to check. I have gone to Properties-Settings-Advanced-Adapter-Properties (under NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600) and the only tabs I get is /General/Driver/Rescources/. None of them lead me to the NVIDIA screen that gets me to the meat and potatoes of the graphics card.
Can anyone help me???
Thx!
Eric_Rose
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Antialiasing? Where s it?

Postby RAAF453_Shep » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:32 am

G'day,  go to desktop settings,  where you would set the resolution, and hit the advanced button, it will bring up the settings tabs... I run a 4200 , and like the tweaks available from it.  email me if you want a set of cropped pix to show you what I have done.....raaf453_shep@juno.com.... enjoy.
RAAF453_Shep
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Eric_Rose » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:42 am

That is where I thought it was, unfortunately, I get to that point..."where you would set the resolution, and hit the advanced button, it will bring up the settings tabs" and it gives me only the following options:

and that's it. Can't find the other options that I use to have.

and this is just a shot of my new child!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Eric_Rose
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:58 am

Eric. This tweaking utility might be useful.
http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

I can't help with the little problem in the last shot.
Last edited by Hagar on Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:50 am

Eric, love the last shot. So this is the new pilot in the family huh? Thought you'd have dressed her up in a leather flying helmet, white silk scarf and the obligatory Spitfire pilots leather jacket.

Mark ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Eric_Rose » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:59 am

Eric, love the last shot. So this is the new pilot in the family huh? Thought you'd have dressed her up in a leather flying helmet, white silk scarf and the obligatory Spitfire pilots leather jacket.

Mark ;)

Hey Ozzy...actually, the bomber jacket and helmet is on it's way...but with only being 20 inches long...we are having a bit of a sizing issue!
Eric_Rose
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ozzy72 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:23 am

Fair one Eric. I can understand that.

Mark ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dakota_WI » Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:10 pm

hello all,

I noticed that he has the 30.82 version of the driver, i did not get the options that you are looking for until i updated my driver to 41.09 thats when they made that extra tab in the geforce4 advanced tab.  TRy that i'm sure that's the problem.  But M$ does recommend that you use 30.82 so i'm not sure.  I've never personally tried the 30.** series.  I here its a pain to completely remove.  Well anyways try that.
Dakota_WI
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Eric_Rose » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:52 pm

Thanks Dakota!
Eric_Rose
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby WarbirdJoc » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:05 am

I have a Geforce4 Ti 4200 and have set the anti-aliasing to 2x in the nView setup.  However, when I try to configure CFS3 in the CFS3 Configuration file, it won't take.  I select 2x in the anti-aliasing dialog box but it always goes back to none.  Is there something I'm not doing right? ???
WarbirdJoc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Eric_Rose » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:59 pm

Warbird, that is a good question as I was wondering the same thing. Before I was goi9nt to get to that question, I was going to try and do it with my graphics card....which is where this thread came to be.
Eric_Rose
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby WarbirdJoc » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:45 am

Well Eric that makes 2 of us with this problem.  I wonder if it's a general problem other people are havng or it's just the select few.

I'm going to take advantage of my 30 day support from  Microsoft and ask them this question, since I haven't taken advantage of that support yet.  If I get a solution I will post it.
WarbirdJoc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby WarbirdJoc » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:59 pm

Aha! ;D   I submitted the anti-aliasing CFS3 Configuration problem (setting won't stay set) to Microsoft and got a response.  MS support guy said,"I tried it and same thing happened to me.  I don't know the answer and will have to check with the responsible Department.  Will get back with response". :-[

Eric, now we know where the problem is and don't need to spend any more time trying to solve it.  I suspect the fix is CFS3.2! ::)

I'll keep this Forum posted.
WarbirdJoc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Eric_Rose » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:29 am

Thank you for the info. I will look forward to the update!
Eric_Rose
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby WarbirdJoc » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:12 am

I finally got a reply from Microsoft Tech Support.  They say, "There is no work around for this problem.  It will be included in a future revision."
WarbirdJoc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3