Flying Boat/Helicopter Ability?

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

Flying Boat/Helicopter Ability?

Postby Biggles » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:00 am

In CFS3 is it possible to have flying boats and helicopters as 3rd party addons?
Thanks...
Biggles
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Flying Boat/Helicopter Ability?

Postby SilverFox441 » Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:25 am

I haven't seen any difinitive details, but I understand that helo's are out (no .air file being possible) and flying boats are in.

I was kinda hoping that helo's would be possible...I had plans for a very cool hypothetical late war Luftwaffe attack chopper. :(
SilverFox441

Postby Biggles » Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:48 pm

I understand that Helos where possible in CFS2 though. Why not CFS3? Or is this just because you could have joint addons between FS2002 and CFS2?
Biggles...
Biggles
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby SilverFox441 » Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:45 pm

CFS 3 uses a whole new engine so it's possible that the devs didn't think that we needed helo ability. :(
SilverFox441

Postby Dakota_WI » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:36 am

Well i think its just a shame that we can't have helo's.  What the hell!!! I think that was kind of close minded of developers to just not have hover abilitly.  I've always enjoyed hovering over airfields.  I could only imagine what it would look like hovering next to one of the cruiser's in cfs3 as its shooting its cannons.  I get a glimpse of it as i fly over head but it would look really cool if you could be 30 ft or so from them cannons blasting.  I think its a shame, they spent so much time making ground effects and vehicles that much better than previous versions.  Helo's would allow us to thoroughly enjoy them.

Also quick question anyone know of a better tutural than the SDK from cfs3insider.  I'm makeing new missions and i am a little confused with some of the terms and details of mission crafting.  I do have one new mission done and its quite exeptional!!!! If anyone wants a copy of it Please Email me at karsten@adelphia.net   Ive done some testing and everything seems to work.  My only sweat is that Mission goals and points aren't quite giveing the reaction i want.  thx again and I love this game!!!!
Dakota_WI
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3