new drive on pc

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

new drive on pc

Postby Easy Flier » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:43 pm

I just put a SSD drive in my pc and thought I copied the right old HD . Nope. I found CFS3 on a HD but when I click the .EXE screen comes up then nothing. Do I need to move it to the main SSD drive???
Easy Flier
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: new drive on pc

Postby Flacke » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:03 pm

I would do this,
go to your CFS3 file on your harddrive, open it to expose the files within,
find the .exe file that runs the game and click it, if CFS3 then starts just make "shortcut" of the .exe and cut/paste it on desktop. Good luck with this.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Easy Flier » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Thanks I got it running but only through the CFE ETO expansion file.. It has been years since I've run this program; and noticed there isn't a P-51 in it. Did I miss something or is that correct?
Easy Flier
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Flacke » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:17 am

I don't know about the P51 but glad you brainstormed it and got it running, WTG.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:13 am

Easy Flier wrote:It has been years since I've run this program; and noticed there isn't a P-51 in it. Did I miss something or is that correct?

I found this list of default aircraft. https://combat-flight-simulator-3.fandom.com/wiki/Aircraft

There should definitely be a P-51 (B & D variants).

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Easy Flier » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:51 am

After much work getting CFS3 to run better I found the P-51. Still can't seem to find how to take it out of full screen to windowed mode.
PS
Alos do you add planes and missions the same as FSX????

Thanks for the help
JT
Easy Flier
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:18 am

Easy Flier wrote:After much work getting CFS3 to run better I found the P-51. Still can't seem to find how to take it out of full screen to windowed mode.

I don't think you can change modes from within CFS3. I copied this from the old Yabb forum:-

(Right-click) On your desktop CFS3 icon click on Properties & make this change to the target line.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\cfs3.exe" -window

If you want to run both window & full versions just create two icons with different names

Note: The above was posted long before Windows 10 was released. I don't have CFS3 installed so I can't check it out.

I can't help with your other question about installing addons. If I can find my CFS3 CD I will install it to investigate.
I tried CFS3 once or twice when it was first released but couldn't get on with it. This was before 3rd party addons were available.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Easy Flier » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Found another problem. I think I remember some shortcuts for Spawn and Era on desktop ;don't see them. Might bwe why I'm stuck Any suggestions
Easy Flier
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:43 am

Easy Flier wrote:Found another problem. I think I remember some shortcuts for Spawn and Era on desktop ;don't see them. Might bwe why I'm stuck Any suggestions

I think that's part of the ETO Expansion package. https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=171489

The download site site disappeared long ago. Not sure if it's still available.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Easy Flier » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:51 am

Guess I will just delete the wwhole game as now nothing works. I still have my discs for CFS3 but can't find the code . Well it was nice while it worked...
Easy Flier
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Easy Flier » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:24 pm

Well I opened my disc and there was the code . So I have a new install of CFS3 on pc but it just comes up to a black screen and shuts down.......
Easy Flier
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:38 pm

Easy Flier wrote:Well I opened my disc and there was the code . So I have a new install of CFS3 on pc but it just comes up to a black screen and shuts down.......

Read Reply #18 here --> https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/95454-Running-CFS3-in-Windows-10-solved-for-now

It worked for me.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Easy Flier » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Tried all that and still it doesn't work, just opens to a black screen then back to desktop
Easy Flier
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Easy Flier » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:15 pm

Update
I found another ETO 1.40 install on a different HD and it will run. The problem is those 5 shortcuts that are supposed to be on desktop are gone. I tried to copy this working one to the other HD and tried to install the eto 1.0,then 1.20 then 1.40 but then it just quits working, and I even tried to run just the plane old CFS3 and it does nothing.
Any suggestions and help would be appreaciated
Thanks
JT
Easy Flier
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:51 am

Sorry to hear you're still having problems. I found my CFS3 CDs & installed it by carefully following the instructions from my previous link. It runs fine for me on Windows 10. (Make sure you install the No-CD patch.)

I haven't tried the the ETO Expansion package. That's a whole new ball game. I suggest getting CFS3 working properly first before trying any addons.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3