Keyboard controls too sluggish

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

Keyboard controls too sluggish

Postby Acharn » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:31 am

Sorry if this has been asked and answered many times. I didn't find any result from searching either the forum of Google in general. I've installed CFS3 on my Windows 7 machine. The graphics are fine, and my screen resolution is detected by the program. So far I've only tried the "free flight" to get a feel for the controls. I'm using the keyboard controls because I don't play with other flight simulator programs and can't see buying a device to use with just one program. Way back in the early 1990s I played a lot with a program called Chuck Yaeger's Air Combat and it was addictive. I don't know how they managed to cram so much into 4.3 MB. Anyway, I was hoping for something like that, but in CFS3 the keyboard controls don't act as I would expect. It takes two or three seconds pressing a key to get a reaction, and then it keeps on going. Pitch up and pitch down are especially bad, but trying to turn is a disaster. The keypad 5 key is supposed to return rudder and ailerons to center, but doesn't seem to do anything. The keypad <Enter> key is supposed to turn right, but doesn't seem to do anything. I've looked in the control options and there's no way to adjust sensitivity that I can see. I don't want to set up a complete set of controls to test that option. I changed the keyboard repeat delay to its fastest setting, and that didn't seem to help. Anybody use the keyboard or is it just hopeless?
Acharn
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3