not too realistic

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

not too realistic

Postby orenda14 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:33 pm

RCAF 9236.jpg
RCAF 9236.jpg (86.75 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
just playing around with CFS 3 after having it stacked away for a few years, not a lot of A/C available for download and stock A/C leave a lot to be desired. The mustang flys more like a cessna and falls far short of the real parameters of the P-51, I only have 3.5 hrs logged in a real Mussie back in the late 59/60 days before the last ones went to the scrap yard but it was enough to let me know what this wonderful old bird could do. Considering most of my time in it was flying it to the scrap yard the one I got into probably was not in top form but still handled much better than the CFS version, really disappointing ioverall
orenda14
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: not too realistic

Postby mustangaroo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Hey there Orenda! You might try plugging in a different aircraft config file.... say for a P-47 or even a fw-190... just a thought.
mustangaroo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby sixstrings » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:44 am

Check over at Sim Outhouse. They have a huge amount of aircraft,and tons of other downloads for CFS3 that take it to a whole new level. New Theater of operations,also including WWI-(OFF1&2-free and WOFF-payware-the very best WWI sim out there) and early jets edition in the Korean War. As far as the P-51 in CFS3 there is a updated/improved flight model available at SOH that does it justice . Note -if you aren't a SOH member ,to register ,you will need a different e-mail address other than Gmail,yahoo,ect... You will need to set up a e-mail address/account with your internet service provider to register there. Then the fun will begin!!!! CFS3 still has what it takes with the addons/versions and is hard to beat. I really enjoy Il-2 1946 also and it's amazing all the work that has been done and being done with it. Check out CombatACE,Mission4today and SAS-(Special Aircraft Service). CFS3 and Il-2 1946 are both around 10 years old,but with all the hard work that still is being done,they are hard to beat!!!! Hope this helps.
sixstrings
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jetranger » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:32 pm

WARBIRD SIM / P-51 MUSTANGS GALORE !!!

PAYWARE but their very good & detailed !!!

War Bird Sim Link for FSX : http://www.warbirdsim.com/

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:48 pm

For the most realistic simulation, I would suggest Digital Combat Simulator. It is free and comes with a default P51 (not armed). The complete P51 is not expensive, wait for periódic. sales, I bought it for 10$.
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/index.php
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:23 am

I'm surprise with 22 pages of CFS3 aircraft there aren't some goodies there?

Problem was, if I remember correctly, Microsoft changed the structure of aircraft models, completely making other sim aircraft unadaptable (previously they had been), and creating new ones very difficult. It was one of their mistakes if you ask me ... and a prime later example of that was the disaster that was 'Flight'
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3