Problem with PTO

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

Problem with PTO

Postby Blaquehardt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Uploaded (I thought was) the complete system files for the CFS3 PTO Solomon Islands and all I get is all the error messages of this file or that file missing...Is there a complete file somewhere or did I just mess up the install???
Blaquehardt
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Problem with PTO

Postby Bass » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:49 am

Bass
Major
Major

Postby Blaquehardt » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:36 pm

I reinstalled the game and updates but the game still won't work. I went to the site you suggested but it just posed the same issue I am having. Plus it is being uploaded in Windows 7 which has 2 "Program" folders (Program Files and Program Files X86), both of which have "Microsoft Games". CFS3 is in both but operates from "Program Files X86" same as the FSX. I guess the question is what folder it needs to go into to operate???
Blaquehardt
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:53 am

Hi there Blaquehardt! Long time no see ;)
I can understand you're having problems by installing addons!

You must be very carefull where you point addons to, and i'll bet your addons has gone to program files (microsoft games), and not your program files x86 where the stock install of cfs3 are!

I would delete the folder inside program files and run it all again. You will get the opportunity to install it to your cfs3 main folder.

Good luck ;)
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Blaquehardt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:25 pm

reloaded in programs x86, (etc.), but when I try to run a "new campaign" I get the following
"Can't load campaign file Solomon Campaign. xml"
Reason: No Production Centers defined for USA... :think:
Blaquehardt
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:32 am

I assume that you've made a pilot for the campaign!

Never seen anything about any productions center anywhere :shock:
(I dont have the PTO in anymore after a reinstall last year, but maybe i should try it again)

Otherwise, maybe this beta could help. I've not checked what it does, but who knows
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/fil ... ni-update/
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Blaquehardt » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:27 am

I guess the question is this: FINAL FOLDER to install- is it "Microsoft Games" or into the Combat Flight Simulator 3 "GAME" folder
(I am not using "CAPITAL LETTERS" as frustration-only for pointing)
Blaquehardt
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:06 am

Every install needs to go to the GAME main folder (Combat Flight Simulator 3) and NOT Microsoft games! (Program/Microsoft games is just made for those who has nothing else to do). Or if you point it into Program files x86/ Microsoft Games, it'll just put some files into that folder, which you cant use. ;)
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:46 am

Sorry Blaquehardt! I can see, that i should have been more clearly, in my previous post :roll: , about where to install <<t
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Blaquehardt » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Well I did what you said and loaded "everything" into the Combat Flight Simulator 3 Folder (C:/program flies (x86)/microsoft games/combat flight simulator 3).
Tries to open "Western Front?", many,many files not loaded and just doesn't work at all now.
Oh well, I needed to start ALL over anyway so I have to remove the whole thing now... :angry-screaming: :angry-banghead: :character-oldtimer: one of these days I'll get it right.
Blaquehardt
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:37 am

If i may, i would suggest you make a new folder on C and call it ex. >CFS3<.
Then install Combat Flight 3 and other stuff into that folder. In that way you know where it is, and i'll bet, some other problems on your way, will be solved too ;)

If you reinstall, remember to delete Combat Flight Simulator 3 folder inside user/name/documents.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:48 am

You also got one hidden folder in
user/name/app data/roaming/microsoft/Combat Flight Simulator 3
Delete that too.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Bronxbombers97 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:07 am

So I downloaded the files and installed them as the installation guide instructed, but I’m having issues running the game. If I click on the CFS3 icon in the game folder it says I need administrator permissions to run the game. Same if I use the desktop icon. If I run in administrator mode, it doesn’t load up at all. I’ve tried compatibility in Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3 and Windows 7. I’ve checked my paths and fin the config, but no luck. Any pointers? Like I said, seems to try to load but no splash screen or anything.
Bronxbombers97
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bronxbombers97 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:48 am

So I downloaded PTO Solomon Islands and it installed and ran with no issue. But I still cannot get PTO Rising Sun to work. So at least I have some Pacific Theater stuff, but I’d love to get Rising Sun to work.
Bronxbombers97
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3