Applying for a Virtual Airline

News & Questions about Virtual Airlines, On-line interactive flying, etc.

Applying for a Virtual Airline

Postby panting007 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:19 am

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you would have any information about applying for a virtual airline. I have found the airline I want to apply for, but they want a link verifying my hours, etc. I have no idea how to do this. Any assistance will be appreciated.
I'm not a real pilot, but I play one on FSX.

Kevin Panting Sr - KORD Hub Manager, SkyWest VA
panting007
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Applying for a Virtual Airline

Postby Ant87 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:11 pm

I previously flew for Fly UK Virtual at the highest rank level but decided to retire become I got bored of flying tubes.
Any ways here's all I know.
Some VAs want you to have a minimum number of hours before you can join, the hours must be gained flying for a VA so just saying I've flown on fsx for years n year isn't enough, I found this kinda annoying cos how do u get hours if everyone says you need experience. Anyways the best thing to do if you have no hours with a previous VA which I'm guessing you don't is to find a VA that accepts people with no hours logged. Flyuk.aero do but there's plenty of others to.
Of course if you really want to fly for the one you picked you could always emails and explain you experience etc. hopefully they will let you in.
Ant87
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:27 pm

panting007 wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you would have any information about applying for a virtual airline. I have found the airline I want to apply for, but they want a link verifying my hours, etc. I have no idea how to do this. Any assistance will be appreciated.

I have flown for several virtual airlines and some are better than others. The last one I flew for was Delta and they expected you to pass a complicated test in order to advance to the next rate,and they limited what you can fly. I also flew for Livewire as well which was not that bad you have to pick a hub to fly out of but advancing to the nest rate is determined by the hours flown and that is where the problem was as the program they give you to keep track of hours is very easy to cheat and I grew tired of being accused of this so I dropped out. Most VA are about the same and it can be fun as long as everyone remembers that it is just a game.

<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby panting007 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:12 am

I applied with what I had. Hopefully I will make the roster. I think that the whole VA idea is pretty cool.
I'm not a real pilot, but I play one on FSX.

Kevin Panting Sr - KORD Hub Manager, SkyWest VA
panting007
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:44 am

panting007 wrote:I applied with what I had. Hopefully I will make the roster. I think that the whole VA idea is pretty cool.

Which VA did you join?
Yes a VA can be lots of fun especially if they have live on line flights. The only draw back with flying on line unless every one is using the VA aircraft and every one has the entire VA fleet. Aircraft will not show up correctly A B747-200 can show up as almost any thing except for the B747-200.
Depending upon the VA when you first start out you may be limited as to what aircraft you can fly. That was the one thing that used to bug me, as I have countless of hours with just about any commercial aircraft you can think of. But They would limit me to a small propeller aircraft and then I had to work my way up from that.
Be advised you will more than likely have to download a small program that monitors your flight while flying for the VA and it can effect your system to a degree but usually unless you have a bare minimum system it should not present a problem.
I hope you enjoy it as it can be fun. But it can also become a pain in the but as well.
When I flew for live wire I achieved a SR Captain certificate which was as high as you could go. But if you switch VA,S you will get no credit for any of those hours. Which is a drag as you have to start all over again

<<r
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:37 am

garymbuska wrote:........ it can be fun as long as everyone remembers that it is just a game.....<<v

Never a truer word spoken!.... ;) ...!

Once it becomes a drag, and annoying, that's the time to take up fly-fishing, instead!

The beauty of free-flight on FS Host (FS 2002/2004/FSX) is that everyone can do their own thing in Multiplayer, have fun, and no-one is in charge of you, telling you what to do and what not to do!

Paul The Rebel!.... :lol: ...!

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshostspy/
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Bass » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:05 am

Fozzer wrote:
garymbuska wrote:........ it can be fun as long as everyone remembers that it is just a game.....<<v

Never a truer word spoken!.... ;) ...!

Once it becomes a drag, and annoying, that's the time to take up fly-fishing, instead!

The beauty of free-flight on FS Host (FS 2002/2004/FSX) is that everyone can do their own thing in Multiplayer, have fun, and no-one is in charge of you, telling you what to do and what not to do!

Paul The Rebel!.... :lol: ...!

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshostspy/

Exactly, but not only at that time, its a need ALL the time you get "down feelings" :whistle: ;)
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Return to Virtual Airlines Events & Messages