North Central Airlines a Virtual FSX Airline

News & Questions about Virtual Airlines, On-line interactive flying, etc.

North Central Airlines a Virtual FSX Airline

Postby FoMoCo63 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Last edited by FoMoCo63 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: North Central Airlines a Virtual FSX Airline

Postby FoMoCo63 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:37 pm

It would seem the above post was lost in the changing of the sevice here at SimV.

North Central, and Wisconsin Central Airlines is what this Virtual Airline is about. Using actual timetable routes that this carrier flew in the Lower 48 Continetial United States and lower parts of the Providences of Canada. With Hub(s) located in the North Central region of the U.S.

Wisconsin Central and North Central are one in the same. What started out as Wisconsin Central from 1944 to 1951 this carrier changed their name in 1952 to North Central to more accurately reflect the routes they were now serving. The amazing story and success of this carrier has been well documented by several sites on the web, and grew to be the Nations largest carrier at more than one point in their career. North Central remained until 1979 at that time they merged with Southern and formed Republic Airlines, Herman the Duck logo remained on quite a few liverys still.

Being a Virtual Airline and flying timetables of this carrier I felt to make a VA more successful, more was needed yet. This VA not only honors the Aircraft that Wisconsin Central and North Central flew, with the close to 30 actual paint schemes through the years (many exclusive to the VA members only), more larger aircraft were added, and scheduling was created to reflect these larger aircraft on a Global nature. Aircraft were entered into service as Concept by myself for North Central Virtual Airlines, and liverys for these larger aircraft were generated.

The aircraft themselves are and will be from the single engine piston, to twin engine Turbo props, twin jet engine to the multiple jet engine aircraft. We have aquired 22 aircraft presently and once FSLive.eu makes the other models available for the VA yet that are needed, those will be purchased and placed as well. All aircraft are assigned to specific numbered route scheduling as to avoid flying the wrong aircraft to a airport not capable of handling the aircraft you pilot. From short prop hops to medium jet state to state flying, to the large jet continet to continet North Central Virtual will accomodate your flying needs. Fly when you want and where you want, the name of the game is keep it enjoyable.

We are a group of 4 at present, ranging in professions as College Instructor, retired USMC, and semi-retired HVAC Industrial scale people, young to the middle aged well seasoned individuals who(s) pastime happens to be a shared interst in microsofts FSX flying within a purpose. You really don't have a thing to loose by atleast dropping over for a visit and checking out the North Central Virtual Airline thread in the Forums over at FSLive.eu with flight tracking, It turns out we are more than just a Airline. Hope to see you there.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby FoMoCo63 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:46 pm

The month of April North Central VA would like to see 10 new members added to their pilot manifest. If you enjoy the ocassional short flight, or never attempted an around the World as you felt no one would know or care. Here's your chance then to be a part of Nation Wide, and International Carrier. Work your way up through the Ranks, and see the progress of your fellow pilots. If you fired up your simulator and ever wondered why, you could proably be in dire need of a direction, a new direction. We teach many items that are simulator related, flying is just one of the aspects we do.

We work on Instrument rating a individual once Ground School ranking is achieved. On FSHost a CFI follows you as you complete a Instumented procedural ils approach into a field so equipped, this is only when your ready to go for your Radio Ribbon, which by the way is needed to make rank of Captain with North Central. Perhaps you would like to learn how to paint aircraft. Everything we do is done at your own pace of course. These are a few things we do with our pilots to keep things interesting.

We have many routes in North America, and South America for Prop hops and Medium Jets. When time allows more schedules are added to encompass other areas. A wide range of VA maps that depict the routes available upon request to pilots. We care about you as an individual and our goal is to see you are satisfyed with your choice.
Be sure to read the post above as well, be sure to check us out at http://www.fslive.eu thanks Rick.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby FoMoCo63 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Enjoy flying FSX, but your at a Dead End as to where and what you would want to do next. We just happen to be looking for individuals such as yourself then. North Central Virtual Airlines, say it once, say it twice, 3rd times the charm.

C'mon down we'll fly your seat off. Just use this link Here and your half the way there.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:41 am

Gave it a try for my usual Multiplayer Explorations.

Works fine, with my trusty FS 2004 and FS Navigator.

http://www.fslive.eu/

Paul...FS 2004 (and FSX on very rare occasions)... :mrgreen: ...!

P.S. It uses the FS Host Server, so no problems with FS 2004, and FSX using "FS Host Client" for the connection!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby FoMoCo63 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Picks up resting head off of forearm, looks in mirror and notices a cuff button imprint in forehead. Then says,

Thanks for coming on out and over to the site and checking things out there, much appreciated Fozzer. You know that every now and then, when you fire up your FSX for a flight, it could be over here with us at NCAVA. The Welcome Mat is always right at the front door. We are a very active Airline.

Seriously, Thanks again Fozzer for drifting on over this way to have a look, Rick.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:13 am

FoMoCo63 wrote:Picks up resting head off of forearm, looks in mirror and notices a cuff button imprint in forehead. Then says,

Thanks for coming on out and over to the site and checking things out there, much appreciated Fozzer. You know that every now and then, when you fire up your FSX for a flight, it could be over here with us at NCAVA. The Welcome Mat is always right at the front door. We are a very active Airline.

Seriously, Thanks again Fozzer for drifting on over this way to have a look, Rick.

As a daily, regular FS 2004 Multiplayer on various Servers, I note, that looking at the dozens of Servers in the FS Host Spy* list, I am but one of a tiny handful of Pilots using Multiplayer, nowadays!
Multiplayer seems to be not as popular as it used to be, many years ago (FS 2002+FS 2004).... :( ...!

The skies are always very empty in Multiplayer!

Paul...FS Host + FS 2004 + FS Navigator + Plan-G v2.0.5... :mrgreen: ...!

* http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshostspy/
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby FoMoCo63 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:09 pm

I also agree with you that the Multiplayer has declined in numbers, although FSHost has been an excellant substitute for this it just doesn't draw the crowd. It was like a common meeting place that I attribute the success of the multiplayer for the flight simulator.

Being a VA, and the pilots when they fly are all in different areas of the globe, trying to schedule an event on FSHost with them it just doesn't work to well. They want to fly for the VA when they show up to do their flights. On ocassion I hop on the FSHost server at fslive and do my flights, and get on the TS3 for FSLive and chat with them, when they are flying.

I usually set them in a direction I want to see them go for the month, they seem to like that when I tell them what I would like to see accomplished for the VA for a goal of the month, as well as themselves towards their promotions. Good group of pilots.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Virtual Airlines Events & Messages