What do you do in a multi player non combat environment

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

What do you do in a multi player non combat environment

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:54 pm

My younger brother is deeply into the virtual airline world but, for the life of me, I can't figure out what the attraction is. With the exception of air racing. Is there an arena where air racing is the primary function? Even a time over distance with a set fuel load and plane might be of interest to me. So, what's it all about?
Modlerbob
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: What do you do in a multi player non combat environment

Postby Fozzer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Modlerbob wrote:My younger brother is deeply into the virtual airline world but, for the life of me, I can't figure out what the attraction is. With the exception of air racing. Is there an arena where air racing is the primary function? Even a time over distance with a set fuel load and plane might be of interest to me. So, what's it all about?

You get together with a few of your Mates, arrange beforehand to connect to a server (FS Host) via their IP Address, (details in the Multiplayer Forum), select some freeware airfield racing scenery eg: Reno Airfield or Moffett Airfield, (both available free here, complete with scenery objects, at the Sim V library), and fly the course with selected freeware aircraft....

...and all for FREE!

We have often got together, and done it in the past, in FS 2004...and it also works with FSX!

Multiplayer Fly-ins, Tours, and Air Shows, etc, have also been very popular in the past...easy-peasy!

Time to learn how to use Multiplayer!.... :D ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pegger » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:54 pm

I logon to my favorite existing FSX multiplayer server, and either do some controlling, or just practice pilotage.
Occasionally we will stage an event, or a group hop in interesting aircraft.
Most of the time though it's just nice to have other "real" pilots in the sky around you to keep it somewhat interesting, whether you are directly interactive or not.

There's no shortage of multiplayer servers out there, all with varying focus. Dive in. Hope to see you online sometime.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:50 pm

Don't forget Bob...

There are zillions* of Multiplayer Servers out there for you to pick...>>>

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/

Just arrange for you and your Brother to pick one of the addresses in the Server list, and join each other for your own private Multiplayer flight!

Its what we do in FS 2004 and FSX!

Its easy-peasy!...connect in seconds!

The two of you can accompany each other on an interesting tour of a selected area!

Loads of fun, and laughs...via the on-screen Chat Window!

Paul....G-BPLF.... :mrgreen: ...!

* ..sometimes I exaggerate!... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jetranger » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:45 am

Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Multiplayer