What servers you guys flying about nowadays?

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

What servers you guys flying about nowadays?

Postby JP » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:41 pm

After being out for some time i'd like to return to flying around but none of the old server IPs seem to work, Fozzer, what did you do this time...
JP
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: What servers you guys flying about nowadays?

Postby Fozzer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Hello jet!

You may not be surprised to know that hardly anyone of the newer Flight Sim Pilots seem to be even slightly interested in on-line Multiplayer flying nowadays!

I still fly on-line most days using selected FS Host Servers from here... http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshostspy/ ...!
I just pick an empty slot, and maybe someone will turn up!

Paul...G-BPLF... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Being one of the "newer Flight Sim Pilots" around here, I have no clue about;

What is "it"?
How does "it" work?
What do you do when you're doing "it"?
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby RAFSB » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:05 pm

For me, Deer Valley Flying Club server (private) or Vatsim
RAFSB
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:30 pm

OldAirmail wrote:Being one of the "newer Flight Sim Pilots" around here, I have no clue about;

What is "it"?
How does "it" work?
What do you do when you're doing "it"?

To put it simply, OAM...

It is what you would call, in real life, a; "Fly In", where a number of Member Pilots in different pats of the World all gatherer together at a particular airfield, and all fly together in the Flight Sims, FS 2002, FS 2004, and FSX, using a pre-selected Server!
(Sim V used to have its own Multiplayer Server...but no longer available due to lack of interest?).
All the pilots can all see each others aircraft during the flight, and they will all appear on certain GPS (RADAR) Maps; eg, FS Navigator and FS Tramp.

In the olden days Members used to arrange regular week-end fly-ins and flying exhibitions and competitions,...and TOURS!

The enthusiasm has unfortunately waned over the years since FS 2002 and FS 2004, and most lost interest after the introduction of FSX, due mainly to connection problems using the Microsoft dedicated Server.
But there are no such difficulties now, and every one can connect within minutes to selected Servers in the list shown above.

It becomes ideal for flight instruction for new-comers!

Join in...its FUN!...and all for FREE!... :D ...!

Paul....G-BPLF... :mrgreen: ...!

Shoot-em-up Gamers will be aware of on-line; "Multiplayer" antics!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:46 pm

So do you just takeoff at one field and fly to another?

There have to be some rules agreed upon beforehand, I assume? Such as not mixing GA & commercial, or fighter & gliders?
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:59 pm

OldAirmail wrote:So do you just takeoff at one field and fly to another?

There have to be some rules agreed upon beforehand, I assume? Such as not mixing GA & commercial, or fighter & gliders?

That is the simplest way, or just hop from one airfield to another.
It generally works best if pilots stick to one type of aircraft...mostly General Aviation, due to speed/altitude/size, etc, limitations during flight.
...but get a gaggle of Beech Baron 58's together, and the sky is the limit!

Only thing to remember....The scenery you see will be your own scenery...not there's....which will probably be slightly different!... ;).. !

...and remember "TIME ZONES" for the different member pilots!...They don't want you waking them up in the middle of the night!... :lol: ...!
(A good way to learn about different Time Zones!).

The only "rules"...don't annoy other pilots by.."Buzzing them", etc,..... ;) ...!

Just pre-arrange a time, a place, and a selected server address...sorted!!

Paul....G-BPLF... :mrgreen: ...!

P.S...and of course....we can all chat to each other via the old type-in; "Chat Window"!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:37 pm

"...and of course....we can all chat to each other via the old type-in; "Chat Window"!"

I'm a knuckle typer. Once I wipe the dirt off after a walk, that is. :D

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:52 pm

OldAirmail wrote:"...and of course....we can all chat to each other via the old type-in; "Chat Window"!"

I'm a knuckle typer. Once I wipe the dirt off after a walk, that is. :D

.... :lol: .... :lol: ....!

Its a right giggle to view each other's spelling errors frantically typing in the Chat Window whilst attempting to line up for the runway at the last desperate minute!... :lol: ...!

All adds to the fun, though!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!

There is a free application called; "Team Speak" using a headset with microphone...but I cant be bothered with plugging and unplugging and adjusting things....I just want to fly...and desperately type!... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:23 pm

For those using the Firefox Browser, a very useful add-on: "Fox Clocks"...>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... foxclocks/

Places real-time clocks at the bottom of your browser showing the time in different parts of the World that you select.
Very handy for Multiplayer activities, to check if your Pilot mates are still in bed, or not, for the selected session!... :lol: ...!

I have mine selected for:
GMT (England for me).
USA: Eastern Standard Time, Central time, Mountain Time, Pacific Time.
New Zealand time.

Covers all my regular sim flying areas.

Paul.... :D ...!

Useful to know:...>>> http://www.worldtimezone.com/
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JP » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:33 am

Will check and keep an eye out for you guys. ;)
Will just need to get working on fixing sweetFX, ENB and my GC being a radiation hazard.
JP
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bass » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:03 am

Fozzer wrote:For those using the Firefox Browser, a very useful add-on: "Fox Clocks"...>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... foxclocks/

Places real-time clocks at the bottom of your browser showing the time in different parts of the World that you select.
Very handy for Multiplayer activities, to check if your Pilot mates are still in bed, or not, for the selected session!... :lol: ...!

GMT (England for me).
New Zealand time.

:dance: That clock really shows when people are going up or going down (AM or PM)!!(Never understood why this funny add (AM/PM) needs to be showing) :?
A 24 hrs clock would do it :whistle:
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Bass wrote:
Fozzer wrote:For those using the Firefox Browser, a very useful add-on: "Fox Clocks"...>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... foxclocks/

GMT (England for me).
New Zealand time.

:dance: That clock really shows when people are going up or going down (AM or PM)!!(Never understood why this funny add (AM/PM) needs to be showing) :?
A 24 hrs clock would do it :whistle:

Even though I was in the British Army, I could never get used to a 24-hour clock!
All the clocks in my house, and my watches, are all showing AM and PM.....and my Firefox clocks!
I always refer to the time as either AM or PM...The proper way!.... ;) ...!

Even my Computer clock displays AM and PM...and all my Forum Clocks!

With most applications, you can change the "time format" to suit oneself!... ;) ...!

Paul... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Multiplayer