free flight servers?

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

free flight servers?

Postby c130lover » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 am

Does anyone know of any no rules hamatchi servers that my buddy and I can practice MILVIZ dogfighting in?
c130lover
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: free flight servers?

Postby pegger » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Check out the website http://fsxbeyondgamespy.com/ for information on many online servers that continue to operate through various server methods.

Gamespy was convenient for users such as yourself who were looking for a quick "no holds barred" multiplayer romp. But with it's demise, you are left seeking other ways to hook up with you sim pals to get it on in the skies.

I am only familiar with a couple of the direct connect servers, and I will say that they will not permit the activity you wish to partake in. It is their perogative however, and so it is to be respected. The other option is that one of you opens your ports properly, and creates a LAN session with the FSX multiplayer dialogue, and then tells the other player the IP address to connect to. I recommend that the person with the best internet connectin and the fastest computer serves as the host. Sorry, I am presuming you are using FSX. I know nothing of how to conenct with other versions of FS.

Hope that helps
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby c130lover » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks for that. I still fly on the stricter servers, but nothing beats a good F-15E Dogfight session.
c130lover
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:14 am

I think that most Folks have, and still are, using FS Host Servers for general aviation, and commercial, FS 2002, FS 2004, and FSX,
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Multiplayer