mock dogfighting?

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

mock dogfighting?

Postby wifesaysno » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Anyone up for a little mock dogfighting sometime?
Do not really care what type of planes as long as they are similar. 4th gen fighters, Korean war era, even between Extras.  Just some friendly tail-chasing...get your mind out of the gutter, not that kind!  ;D
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Re: mock dogfighting?

Postby SkyHawk00 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Dogfight with extra's? sounds fun, and why not with stock racing mustangs... lot's of power

Sounds like a lot of fun... mabey next time i'll actually be able to finish and not have to glide a raptor all the way to the tarmac  ;D
"...Burn the land, Boil the sea, You can't take the sky from me..."

"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. It is being able to throw oneself at the ground and miss"
SkyHawk00
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby wifesaysno » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:09 pm

[quote]Dogfight with extra's? sounds fun, and why not with stock racing mustangs... lot's of power

Sounds like a lot of fun... mabey next time i'll actually be able to finish and not have to glide a raptor all the way to the tarmac
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby SkyHawk00 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:55 am

;D ;D ;D

Yes, doing stunts in it that would push an extra  ;D

Course a real challenge would be to do it in a 747  ;D

"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. It is being able to throw oneself at the ground and miss"
SkyHawk00
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:34 am

I think sessions like this only really work successfully when everyone is using the same Flight Sim*, and exactly the same models of aircraft in their Hangar.
That's why default aircraft are designed to work best in Multiplayer, 'cos everyone has them in their Hangar, and they all appear correctly!
Its the way Uncle Bill intended!... ;D...!

Paul...FS 2004, and a hangar full of default stuff... ;)...!

* Otherwise; physical location. and scenery mesh problems.
Last edited by Fozzer on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wifesaysno » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:40 am

I think sessions like this only really work successfully when everyone is using the same Flight Sim*, and exactly the same models of aircraft in their Hangar.
That's why default aircraft are designed to work best in Multiplayer, 'cos everyone has them in their Hangar, and they all appear correctly!

ah I remember I think it was Jetprop being totally unable to see my poor B-24 due to him using FSX and us using FS9...this might be an issue.
Last edited by wifesaysno on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby jetprop » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:38 pm

ah I remember I think it was Jetprop being totally unable to see my poor B-24 due to him using FSX and us using FS9...this might be an issue.

It could just be my acer....or both.
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:57 pm

It is a fact, ever since we first used Multiplayer, many Moons ago, on our various Flight Sims, unless everyone was/is using default Aircraft, they rarely appear as the correct types to all the pilots.
If a non-default aircraft is preferred, then EVERYONE must have exactly the same aircraft in their hangars, for it to appear correctly to each and every
Last edited by Fozzer on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SkyHawk00 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:23 pm

But a workaround is if one player has a '-22 of say, viratvia, and another has one of alphasim.
You can change the displayed aircraft to the one that they have, it's not a perfect representation, but it's close

SkyHawk00
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby wifesaysno » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:41 pm

It could just be my acer....or both.

Im betting the Acer has a lot to do with it  ;D
I HATED my Acer. I literally celebrated when it died.
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby SkyHawk00 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:34 pm

How about we find an airfield that's the same for all sims involved, get a group together and determine a basic set of planes, an F-86, F-16, F-22, F-35 etc... not an exact plane file, just a version of that plane. Find a date for it and do it in 1 v 1 duels or teams, everyone involved calls out their plane and everyone changes their displayed plane to that. if you're not fighting change to a Cessna and turn off your engine.

SkyHawk00
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:23 pm

How about we find an airfield that's the same for all sims involved, get a group together and determine a basic set of planes, an F-86, F-16, F-22, F-35 etc... not an exact plane file, just a version of that plane. Find a date for it and do it in 1 v 1 duels or teams, everyone involved calls out their plane and everyone changes their displayed plane to that. if you're not fighting change to a Cessna and turn off your engine.

A perfect arrangement!... ;)...!

...plus; same season/date, same time of day, and same default weather option and wind strength and direction.

= level playing field!... ;)..!

Paul.

In FS 2004 we switch to the; "Paper Airplane"...>>> http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... ategoryId=
...for visitors, and non participants on the ground (a low poly-count object which eases the frame rates!).
Last edited by Fozzer on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SkyHawk00 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 pm

A perfect arrangement!... ;)...!

...plus; same season/date, same time of day, and same default weather option and wind strength and direction.

= level playing field!... ;)..!

Paul.

In FS 2004 we switch to the; "Paper Airplane"...>>> http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... ategoryId=
...for visitors, and non participants on the ground (a low poly-count object which eases the frame rates!).

Sounds good

SkyHawk00
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Multiplayer