Lights not visible!

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

Lights not visible!

Postby Stev0 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:54 pm

every time I try a MP session with my friend, one of us always has an issue of not seeing the others nav-lights.

we are using fs2004 over a LAN on hamachi.

we've checked all our settings, there's no reason the lights should be dissapearing.
Stev0
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Lights not visible!

Postby DavieJones » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Hey all. Stev0's buddy here. To add a bit more info, during our MP session, we have never been able to both see each others lights. It's either he sees mine but I get nothing from him, or vice versa. What gives?
DavieJones
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:27 am

I rather suspect that; "Lights" comes under the same category as "Smoke", "Vapour trails" etc, as they are classed as; "Effects" which do not show-up in Multiplayer sessions, similar to non-default aircraft.

There are a number of limitations in Multiplayer, compared with default Solo flights, ie; no ATC in FS 2004.

Note that you all have to have exactly the same aircraft in your Hangars, (preferably default), to enable you to see each other in Multiplayer.

Paul...FS 2004..FS Nav...G-BPLF... 8-)...!

Tip: As a test, both of you, load up your default Beech Baron 58 with its lights on....see what happens!
Last edited by Fozzer on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby DavieJones » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Thanks for the reply fozzer.

We have done exactly what you've suggested, but still have had no success. The thing that stumps me is that, as of our attempt last night, Stev0 was able to see my lights(Nav, beacon, landing/taxi), Whereas I could only see his beacon. Perhaps digging around in a .cfg will bring some results.
DavieJones
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks for the reply fozzer.

We have done exactly what you've suggested, but still have had no success. The thing that stumps me is that, as of our attempt last night, Stev0 was able to see my lights(Nav, beacon, landing/taxi), Whereas I could only see his beacon. Perhaps digging around in a .cfg will bring some results.

Ta for the reply Davie... ;)...1

All sorts of strange things happen in Multiplayer, the most annoying thing being, that each others views of the landscape down below is different!... ;D...!
It would be nice if we could "share" each others Scenery file, during a flight, so we BOTH see exactly the same scenery!.. ;D...!
...but that's not going to happen!... :(... ;D...!

Make sure you both use exactly the same DEFAULT aircraft in  your Hangars to witness the correct models!

Paul...Keen FS 2004 Multiplayer... 8-)....!

..and the Lord said; "Let there be light"...and you know the rest... ;D...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby DavieJones » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Haha yeah I know the rest. Thanks again for the response man. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
DavieJones
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Multiplayer