Plan-G Fuel Pump Locations...

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

Plan-G Fuel Pump Locations...

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:07 am

I know that some of our Multiplayer Chums are running Plan-G to locate each other (Radar), but I have a particular problem with it, at the moment...
For some reason, my version of Plan-G has stopped displaying the positions of the Fuel Pumps in DEFAULT airfields where they are fitted!

Do me a flavour, Chums... ;)...>>>
In Plan-G, right click on an airfield where you know there is a Default Fuel Pump located, select; "Show Airport Chart" and see if there is a small Yellow circle displaying the position of the Pump. (The chart will also show the Default Parking and Gate locations as Blue/Green circles).

In my FS 2004 the small Yellow circle is missing on ALL my Charts where Default Fuel Pumps are located!
(It used to be there, but now it is missing).

Try it for FS 2004 and FSX... ;)...!
Are your Charts affected?

Paul...FS 2004... 8-)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Plan-G Fuel Pump Locations...

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:41 pm

..after a quick re-installation of my FSX to do a comparison, it appears that the Fuel Pump Locations are only shown using the FSX version of G-Plan Airfield Charts...NOT in the FS 2004 version of G-Plan Airfield Charts, for some reason!

(I've now mentioned it in the Plan-G Forum).

So at the moment I have to rely on my FS Navigator with FS 2004 to lead me to the Fuel Pumps!

Paul...FS 2004...FS Nav...Plan-G...and an empty AVGAS Can... ::)...!

P.S...Thanks Jet, for trying FSX G-Plan out for me!... ;)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jetprop » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:24 pm

You're welcome. ;)
FSX is usefull and amazing,but it has some slight issues if not set up properly.
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby dave3cu » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:10 pm

it appears that the Fuel Pump Locations are only shown using the FSX version of G-Plan Airfield Charts...NOT in the FS 2004 version of G-Plan Airfield Charts, for some reason!

Paul,

I don't have FS9 installed anymore but after experimenting with Plan-G and FSX;

It appears that Plan-G displays the parking type based on what it gets from the afd's parking spot property, 'Parking type='. It does not look for the 'fuel trigger' object associated with a fueling spot.

There is no 'Parking type=fuel' in FS9, there is in FSX.

Dave
Last edited by dave3cu on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:28 pm

it appears that the Fuel Pump Locations are only shown using the FSX version of G-Plan Airfield Charts...NOT in the FS 2004 version of G-Plan Airfield Charts, for some reason!

Paul,

I don't have FS9 installed anymore but after experimenting with Plan-G and FSX;

It appears that Plan-G displays the parking type based on what it gets from the afd's parking spot property, 'Parking type='. It does not look for the 'fuel trigger' object associated with a fueling spot.

There is no 'Parking type=fuel' in FS9, there is in FSX.

Dave

Fascinating, Dave!... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]...!

I wonder if Tim Arnot realises this, and can the FS 2004 Plan-G program be programmed to accept it?

All the Fuel Pump locations are automatically recognised in FS 2004, FS Navigator, so I wonder if it can be achieved in FS 2004 Plan-G in the same way?

...ongoing... ;)...!

Paul... 8-)...!

P.S....In FS 2004 Plan-G, the Parking and Gate locations are shown, (but not the Pumps)... ;)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Multiplayer