Plan-G for Multiplayers....

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

Plan-G for Multiplayers....

Postby Fozzer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:36 am

Hello Multiplayer Chums... :)...!

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/planG.htm

Although "Plan-G" doesn't seem to provide the same, real-time, "Radar views", as FS Navigator does, in observing other on-line Pilots... :'(....

..I wonder how useful "Plan-G" appears to our Pilots, to track their progress on the various Google Maps?

Although its quite slow in refreshing/updating, I find it very useful for obtaining terrain, etc, interesting details during the flight!

What do you reckon?

..anyone else using it, running in the background of the Flight Sim?

Paul...Google Map enthusiast!... ;D...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Plan-G for Multiplayers....

Postby SkyHawk00 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 am

I tried to use it once, but couldn't connect to the sim  :'(
"...Burn the land, Boil the sea, You can't take the sky from me..."

"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. It is being able to throw oneself at the ground and miss"
SkyHawk00
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:06 pm

[quote]I tried to use it once, but couldn't connect to the sim
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby dave3cu » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 am

Paul,

I've used Plan-G since v .90. Indispensable, have it on my second monitor whenever I'm flying.

FSX multiplayers should see each other. Apparently FS9 players need to install/run AIBridge so that the mp ac data gets passed to FSUIPC.

You can set the update intervals for player and ai ac in the File tab>Options menu. Also, I use the 'Sync' mode so the entire map does not have to update constantly. You can always manually re-center on your ac any time.

Dave
Last edited by dave3cu on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:54 am

Paul,

I've used Plan-G since v .90. Indispensable, have it on my second monitor whenever I'm flying.

FSX multiplayers should see each other. Apparently FS9 players need to install/run AIBridge so that the mp ac data gets passed to FSUIPC.

You can set the update intervals for player and ai ac in the File tab>Options menu. Also, I use the 'Sync' mode so the entire map does not have to update constantly. You can always manually re-center on your ac any time.

Dave

Hello Dave... :)...!

...many thanks!

....just got that AIBridge thingy running with my FS 2004 + FS Navigator + Plan-G.
It shows a connection with my (free version) FSUIPC in Plan-G!
So if someone pops on-line in Mutiplayer, hopefully I will spot them in Plan-G as well!
...and maybe the same for FSX users!

It will be very useful for non-FS Nav owners!

Paul...FS 2004..FS Nav... 8-)...!

AIBridge.zip...>>> http://www.fscommander.com/download.htm

Note: FS 2004:
Snag No1: As soon as I connect to Multiplayer, all the AI aircaft immediately disappear form the Plan-G Map, so at the moment, I assume that none of the Multiplayers will appear on the map either!
Last edited by Fozzer on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Still not having any luck in observing other Pilots in Plan-G Multiplayer GPS Map, using AIBridge!

Installed FS Commander today to see if it did the same job, but no luck there either, even using AIBridge to connect!

So, at the moment, it appears that only FS Navigator allows FS 2004 users to see each other, (FSX AND FS 2004), in the Multiplayer Flight Sims!

Still testing... ::)...!

Paul... 8-)...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby dave3cu » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:31 am

Don't know if this will help Paul. I'm kinda shootin' in the dark as I don't have FS9 installed to help check things out.

From the Plan-G forums-discussing multiplayer ac in Plan-G. http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=419.15
For FS9 users flying on a native network like FSHost, you must use AIBridge to see the planes. There you must forward the port 47624 TCP/UDP to your machine.

That is a fairly old Plan-G topic, so maybe a new qwery there would be in order.

Dave
Last edited by dave3cu on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:14 am

Don't know if this will help Paul. I'm kinda shootin' in the dark as I don't have FS9 installed to help check things out.

From the Plan-G forums-discussing multiplayer ac in Plan-G. http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=419.15
For FS9 users flying on a native network like FSHost, you must use AIBridge to see the planes. There you must forward the port 47624 TCP/UDP to your machine.

That is a fairly old Plan-G topic, so maybe a new qwery there would be in order.

Dave

Many thanks for the interest in the subject, Dave... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]..!

I am hoping that Plan-G can be encouraged to display all on-line Multiplayers using the various FS Host (and FSX FS Client) Servers, in exactly the same way that FS Navigator does so well for FS 2004 users!

At the moment, I am experimenting with a mix of my FS 2004 and FSX programs, together with Plan-G and AIBridge to see if anything useful happens...no luck so far...only my own aircraft and AI can be seen in FSX when on and off-line, and when using FS 2004 the AI aircraft can only be see when NOT on-line (only off-line!).

It would be very nice if the mix of FSX and FS 2004 Multiplayer Pilots could see each other, and AI traffic, in real-time, on the Plan-G, GPS, moving map!

The simple FS Host connection arrangements for FS 2004 and FS Navigator, don't seem to be available for Plan-G...so far!

...still trying... ;)...!

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/planG.htm

Paul....FS 2004 and FSX + Plan-G... :)...!

P.S I have also have tried "FS Commander" to try and achieve the same results, no luck there either, and Plan-G with its Google Maps, seems to be much more user-friendly of the two programs!
Last edited by Fozzer on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:22 am

http://www.fscommander.com/

From the "FlightSim Commander" User Manual...>>

"Multiplayer mode and on-line flights:
FlightSim Commander does not by itself support Flight Simulator's multi-player mode; i.e. the aircraft of other players during on-line flights or in some other type of network are not automatically displayed on the map....."

So, again, FSC appears to be not suitable for using as a; "Radar Screen" for Multiplayer flights!

Paul.... 8-)...!

Still experimenting with Plan-G for the; "Radar" application... ;)...!

Paul...FSX...FS 2004 + FS Nav... 8-)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jetprop » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:55 am

http://www.fscommander.com/

From the "FlightSim Commander" User Manual...>>

"Multiplayer mode and on-line flights:
FlightSim Commander does not by itself support Flight Simulator's multi-player mode; i.e. the aircraft of other players during on-line flights or in some other type of network are not automatically displayed on the map....."

So, again, FSC appears to be not suitable for using as a; "Radar Screen" for Multiplayer flights!

Paul.... 8-)...!

Still experimenting with Plan-G for the; "Radar" application... ;)...!

Paul...FSX...FS 2004 + FS Nav... 8-)...!

Fozzer,I saw both of us on plan-G on our last flight...
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Fozzer,I saw both of us on plan-G on our last flight...

But, ....were you able to actually see YOUR aircraft, and MY aircraft, and track MY aircraft's real-time flight, on your Plan-G Google map?

What it needs, is a trial involving two or more Pilots, to fully test Plan-G by all FS 2004 AND FSX users, during a special Multiplayer session.

Paul.
Last edited by Fozzer on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jetprop » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Yes,I could track your exact position...
And yes,it was you,registration was Fozzer.. ;)
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:57 pm

It works!.... :D....!

Did a test run today with Jetprop, using FSX and the Plan-G GPS map.
We were BOTH visible, in real-time, on our individual maps.
So it works very similar to FS Navigator in "RADAR" mode!

The other Player will appear as an (red) AI Aircraft, but hovering over it with the mouse will reveal its identity!

Wonderful news... [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]...!

Paul.... :)...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Multiplayer