Nice

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

Nice

Postby Mike.. » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:50 am

Don't know who they were or how we did it but it had to be the most awesome multiplayer sim experience i've ever had! It was a link to Blue Angels public server. I logged,got in the appropriate AC.....and I don't know how it happend without comms...I was minding my own on the tarmac when low and behold 6 other Blue Angels parked along side me. I shrugged it off at first. Figured, ah they're just getting their bearings before they launch. I waited a few more minutes then decided to taxi. These guys followed suit! So, no comms but these guys are following me in formation for take off as if we were going to put on a real airshow! We all get lined up in the classic diamond. As soon as we are formed up, the lead heads out and we all file suit. Just as we all get off the ground in damn near a perfect diamond....the server shuts down! It was a damn nice site to see while it lasted. No comms,no way to plan it, it just fell into place. I may not get the same experience again as far as that particular flight goes.....BUT THAT WAS COOL! 8-). I have pics im going to put up in the usual spot. I was so caught up in the formation I didn't snap a shot of take off roll..but its in my head still and i guess thats all that counts. I'll be 38 next month and I'm comming off like a 10 year old ;D. Can't help it, it was great. Night fellas!

Mike
Mike..
Major
Major

Re: Nice

Postby Fozzer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:40 am

Well done, Mike.. :D...!

Sounds like you had lots of fun!
There are dozens of Sites, and Servers, out there, to connect to with Multiplayer, as can be viewed with FS Host Spy...>>>

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshostspy/

...with each Server linking to its Main Site and showing its Multiplayer IP Address to type in, and connect to!

Most of them are not Password Protected and you are able to join in, but make sure that you do not intentionally annoy a Session in progress by gate-crashing it!
(The Sim V Multiplayer Server >178.63.253.134< is Password protected to prevent it!).
If you don't experience any communication via the "Chat Window", it is most likely that the other Pilots are using "Teamspeak", and using Mic Headsets to communicate with each other. Their conversations will not appear in the Chat Window unless they "type" something in...(like GO AWAY!...
Last edited by Fozzer on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby andy190 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 pm

Fozzer, have you given up on CFS1. :'(

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Fozzer, have you given up on CFS1. :'(

I reckon CFS 2 was the best (and most popular?) of the set... ;)...!

Paul...with with a leather helmet, white scarf and gloves, and twin Spandaus... 8-)..!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby andy190 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Paul, I know that CFS2 is the best of the best, but CFS1 has some sentimental value to me.

One day out of the blue when I was about 7, my dad brought home a copy of CFS1 & we installed it. I didn
Last edited by andy190 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:19 pm

[quote]Paul, I know that CFS2 is the best of the best, but CFS1 has some sentimental value to me.

One day out of the blue when I was about 7, my dad brought home a copy of CFS1 & we installed it. I didn
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mike.. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Yup I definately need to get the V server up and running. I'd rather fly with you guys. Maybe i'll try and get that all set up between today and tomorrow for the weekend.

Is the server up 24/7? Oh and what time does everyone usually fly? I'm EST and its 1215 pm. Am I going to log and fly in perpetual darkness  ;D
Mike..
Major
Major

Return to Multiplayer