Attention Sim V Multiplayers!....

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

Re: Attention Sim V Multiplayers!....

Postby jetprop » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:25 pm

..... ;D... ;D...!

It takes me long enough to fly from 'Frisco to LA in my speedy Beech Baron 58... :o...

...and that's more than enough for one day!.... ::)...!

Paul... ;D... ;D...!

and you don't want to fly a private jet do you?
you are never satisfied. ;D
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:29 am

Planning and publishing a World Tour on Multiplayer take a lot of pre-planning, dedication, and mapping, and the hope that Members will actually use it!
It has to be published on the Server's Hop List.
Many of the Multiplayer Server Sites have a number of Tours, etc, already planned...(the Inspire Server we use, already has a series of Hops in progress).
(The Alaska Tour on the Sim V Server was very popular, a while ago).
Note: that NO "aerobatics" or "buzzing" is allowed on any of the Multiplayer Tours, Hops, etc, affecting other Pilots...which is why the "Password" access scheme on the Server was introduced.

Paul.... 8-)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jetprop » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:15 am

Planning and publishing a World Tour on Multiplayer take a lot of pre-planning, dedication, and mapping, and the hope that Members will actually use it!
Many of the Multiplayer Server Sites have a number of Tours, etc, already planned...(the Inspire Server we use, already has a series of Hops in progress).
[glow=yellow,2,300]Note: that NO "aerobatics" or "buzzing" is allowed on any of the Multiplayer Tours, Hops, etc, affecting other [/glow]Pilots...which is why the "Password" access scheme on the Server was introduced.

Paul.... 8-)...!

like that rule will be followed. ;D
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:57 am

[glow=yellow,2,300]Note: that NO "aerobatics" or "buzzing" is allowed on any of the Multiplayer Tours, Hops, etc, affecting other [/glow]Pilots...which is why the "Password" access scheme on the Server was introduced.

Paul.... 8-)...!

like that rule will be followed. ;D

A quick scan through "FS Host Spy*" will list dozens of Multiplayer Servers who have applied a lock to their service,
requiring a Password to enter, only obtainable by individual request.
The Sim V Multiplayer Server applied a lock to their service for similar reasons.

The alternative is to select a "Free-Flight" Server, but the same rules apply, insisted on by the Server, to respect other Pilots, whilst on-line.

These rules have been in existence since the introduction of Multiplayer Activity in the Flight Sim World.

It's called.... "Etiquette".

Paul.

* http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshostspy/
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wifesaysno » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:06 am

About the no aerobatics rule...um, since it was just a free multiplayer session is that okay? Fozzer and I just putsin around, but I like to do it in my Christen Eagle II from LIC (REALLY hard not to do aerobatics in it!).
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:24 am

About the no aerobatics rule...um, since it was just a free multiplayer session is that okay? Fozzer and I just putsin around, but I like to do it in my Christen Eagle II from LIC (REALLY hard not to do aerobatics in it!).

Hello Adam... :)...!

The rules particularly apply when joining a Multiplayer Session when other Pilots are found to be already on-line at the same time. It is important not to interfere with their flight unless requested to join in the flight, (via the Chat Window or Teamspeak).

I mostly avoid connecting to Server if I observe that there are already other, unknown, Pilots on line. I then select another Server so as not to annoy them.

We generally know each other, and invite each other along for our Sim V Flights.

But be aware if connecting to a Server when there are already other Pilots on-line from other Sites.

The "Lock" and "Password on application" option is to prevent annoying "Spamming" during Multiplayer Sessions!

Paul... :)...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wifesaysno » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 am

Gotchya, so just be mindful of others, sounds good to me!
Its just impossible to not do aerobatics when I got my Christen Eagle up  ;D
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:38 am

[quote]Gotchya, so just be mindful of others, sounds good to me!
Its just impossible to not do aerobatics when I got my Christen Eagle up
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jetprop » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:23 pm

wait fozzer...
who was buzzing me in a a cessna again? ::) ;D
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:45 am

For prospective FSX Pilots having difficulties connecting to Multiplayer sessions using Gamespy, try this method...>>>

To connect to Multiplayer using FS Host instead of Gamespy, download and install this program...>>>

FS Host Client:

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost ... lient.html

Read the "readme" file included in the download, it will explain how to connect FSX to a Multiplayer Session.

FS 2004 pilots use FS Host: http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/

Paul...FS 2004....G-BPLF... 8-)...!

http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb25/Ya ... 1243892329
Last edited by Fozzer on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jetprop » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:57 am

good way of changing the subject. ;D ;D :D
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:19 am

Hello Multiplayer Chums... :)...!

If, perchance, you find that out usual Inspire Server;...203.114.130.15 is rather busy with other Pilots, and you don't wish to disturb them, try our alternative Server; WS Pilots on... 66.90.73.187....>>>

Port addresses:
23456 USAF Airbases.
23457 Alaska.
23458 World Tour.....(go for this one. Its mostly very quiet!).

You may find that some Pilots are using "Team Speak" for their inter-communication, so although they are listed, they wont appear to be typing in the Chat Window, and our constant typing may? annoy them!... :-[....!

So, there you go...another alternate, free, Server for FS 2004 and FSX, for when times get busy!... ;)...!

Paul.... 8-)...!

The Worlds Serious Pilots (WSP) Main Site and Forum is still unavailable, but their Multiplayer Servers still seem to be operating OK!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jetprop » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:46 am

on the world tour server now fozzer.

want to scare some more countries/states? ;D
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:50 am

on the world tour server now fozzer.

want to scare some more countries/states? ;D

Multiplayer Connections all worked fine, with no problems....

FS 2004 and FSX... :)...!

Paul... 8-)...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:22 pm

I notice that sometimes during a Multiplayer Session we get removed from the Server, together with a Warning Notice.
This is sometimes due to a Pilot using a Modem Router, and not setting all the Router ports to be "open".
This prevents proper interconnection between Pilots and the Server, resulting in a disconnection.

Installing this application, and running it, will test all your Modem/Router ports, and inform you if there are any problems!

FS Port Test 1.5:

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/forum/ ... opic=737.0

Paul...FS 2004...Simple, wired, ADSL Modem only (No Router!).... 8-)...!

Pop a "Shortcut" onto your Desktop for quick access!...;)...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer