aircraft wont work in multiplayer

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

aircraft wont work in multiplayer

Postby jag6242 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:20 am

I have a long list of aircraft downloaded in last 6 mo that are not multiplayer compatible. The latest is the a380-842.
I know this is free ware, for which i am greatful, but it seems to me you would require your authors to state in the download if their aircraft are multiplayer compatible. This is my second request. The first was evidently ignored. Please respond as this is a great annoyance to multiplayers.
jag6242
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: aircraft wont work in multiplayer

Postby Hagar » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:15 am

Never having played FS online I'm curious as to what would make an aircraft incompatible in multiplayer. I suspect most FS freeware developers don't know either.

I've never seen this problem mentioned before. Perhaps there's a simple tweak that would fix it.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby andy190 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:25 am

Hagar I believe it is something to do with the Model file. I don't know what makes them incompatible. I have never done multiplayer so I

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:23 am

Thanks Andy. After a short search I realise that this is a common problem with multiplayer in FSX. I also discovered that Thomas Ruth has uploaded multiplayer compatible MDL files for his A380. http://www.pairbus.com/downloads

He is obviously aware of the problem & knows how to fix it.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Multiplayer