Multiplayer using FSX...How to...

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

Multiplayer using FSX...How to...

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Hello Multiplayer Chums... ;)...!

The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) at the top of the Multiplayer Forum no longer works.
Multiplayer connection using FS 2004 is simple and straightforward using FS Host...(I use FS 2004)...
...but the connection to Multiplayer using FSX is slightly? more complicated.
Would anyone like to run through the necessary method to connect FSX to a Multiplayer Server, stage by stage, and post the details here?

Paul....FS 2004 + FS Navigator... 8-)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Multiplayer using FSX...How to...

Postby Fozzer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:04 am

There must be another way to connect to Multiplayer in FSX without being forced to go through the dreaded Gamespy sign-up/join routine?
It was/is not necessary in FS 2004, using FS Host as the Server.
Is there a way it can be done in FSX, using FS Host, and just entering the Servers address to connect?

I'm not surprised that there are so few FSX Multiplayers on line.... :o....!

Paul...FS 2004...and experimenting with FSX.

P.S... I've just wasted an hour trying to register + join with Gamespy using FSX...without success... >:(...!

I cant believe you have to go through all this daft rigmarole just to quickly join in with your FSX and FS 2004 Mates in Multiplayer whilst you are in the air!....>>>>
http://www.mutleyshangar.com/downloads/ ... %20FSX.pdf

Bit of additional info here for FSX Users: FSHostClient 1.1...>>> http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/
(Have a peek in the Read-me File).
Last edited by Fozzer on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Multiplayer