FShost vs GameSpy

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

FShost vs GameSpy

Postby Ang2dogs » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Before I begin, as I said in an earlier post, I'm not looking to take any thing away from Sim V's fshost multiplayer sessions. I wish I was able to use fshost, (cause I know it would be a blast to fly around with you all, especially with you Fozzer!) but at this time I'm not able too, and for those also that can't hook up with fshost, well we have another choice. Which is, FSX Multiplayer using Gamespy.

I'm not looking to get into a debate on which multiplayer is better to use, it all depends on the user and what there system can handel. Same as 2004 players who have FSX, but can't run it as good as 2004, so they stick with 2004, bravo for them and God bless, may be sometime in the future we'll all be able to hook-up no matter what sim we fly with. But not to get off subject I do have to respond to this,

Drawbacks:

-[glow=yellow,2,300]Notorious connection issues[/glow], which can either prevent users from connecting at all, or kicks users randomly off of FSX's multiplayer component.

This is not true at all, as I've been multiplayer flying going on about all most a year now, (as I look back in my log), using gamespy. 90% of the time I have no connection problem. Nor does the crowds I get and the 18 friends on my list, who all agree that the gamespy system is much better than the old MSN gamezone that was once used to support multiplayer, and just like any severs out there none of them are 100%,(was there not a problem with fshost just recently?.)What I'm saying is that it's going to happen This is just the way the system works, even my ISP can go to crap on me when I need it most, some times they well send and e-mail to let me know if the server will be down for maintance, but some times I have to call them to see what's up!
and now that I'm thinking about it my ISP can be more unpredectable than gamespy. So not to beat a deadhorse, IF you can't get on FShost
Ang2dogs
Captain
Captain

Return to Multiplayer