Multiplayer TCP/IP

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

Multiplayer TCP/IP

Postby Batman93210 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:25 am

Hi yall

My name is Kenny

When I'm playing the Multiplayer TCP/IP with another player if I dont have the same aircraft it wll show the default Cessna I understand about Aliasing. But I thank I have heard of somthig called file generating software  I dont know if I heard rightor not is there any such thing?

Thanks ones agen for all the help and input.
Batman93210
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Multiplayer TCP/IP

Postby Dan » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:23 pm

Check that an multilaying options that you have send / recieve detailed info on. Try flying a STACK plane, like the Lear, and see if that changes it.
Dan
3DMark01 || [url=http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/]OCUK - The best UK shop
Dan
Major
Major

Postby Scottler » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:58 pm

Okay ignore the above post.  There are too many inconsistancies to clarify...including the use of the word "stack".  It's STOCK.

If you want to see the exact plane that the other person is flying, you've got to have it in your hangar.  Aliasing isn't really a concern here.  Aliasing affects local settings.  For example, you can alias the sound of one plane to use the sound of another.  This isn't an issue in multiplayer.

I believe it's VATSIM that uses what is called the "common shapes library", which means the basic shapes will be put into the equation somehow.  (I'm not sure on the details of this.)

Another thing you could try is bringing in some third party AI.  That way, if you've got an AI model Delta 737, if someone else flies a Delta 737, it might pick that up.  I'm not 100% sure if this really works, but since installing the AI packages from Project AI, I've rarely had a problem with seeing other people.
Great edit, Bob.

Google it.

www.google.com
Scottler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby congo » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:17 pm

So doesn't the send/recieve data work in FS9 multiplayer?
ImageMainboard: Asus P5K-Premium, CPU=Intel E6850 @ x8x450fsb 3.6ghz, RAM: 4gb PC8500 Team Dark, Video: NV8800GT, HDD: 2x1Tb Samsung F3 RAID-0 + 1Tb F3, PSU: Antec 550 Basiq, OS: Win7x64, Display: 24&
congo
Major
Major

Return to Multiplayer