Looking for a good flying club.

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

Looking for a good flying club.

Postby KnightStryker » Fri May 21, 2004 8:48 am

I am looking for a good flying club to join.
I have been in VA's and a flying club but get bored very quickly with flying what and where other people tell me too. What I really want is a club or just a place to fly with others that gives me freedom to fly what iI want, where I want, when I want. Thats not asking to much is it? lol

I know about VATSIM, but that is not what I am looking for. First of all, I never was able to connect to VATSIM even after having one of the controllers spend over two hours working with me to get it all set up right. And I also have little interest in all the ATC stuff. Kinda goes back to the where and when I want things, don't care to have someone tell me that I can't take off without an IFR flightplan, who cares if its fogged in. I almost never use the big major airports anyways. If the strip isn't grass or water, I am probably gonna fly right past it.

The flying club I was a part of (I will not mention the name because of some hard feelings on both sides of the fence) was great but they just about required you to be an awesome writer just to submitt your pirep or your hours didn't count, so needless to say that was the end of that.

Sorry this is so long. Any suggestions will be looked into and greatly appreciated. I am very bored of flying alone.

Thanks,
Kevin
KnightStryker
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Looking for a good flying club.

Postby Dan » Fri May 21, 2004 10:55 am

Hi - I organize a small 5 people roger wilco channel; for FS2002 / 4. We do just what we want most of the time, and you have the right to remain anonymous. I can PM you more details if you would like.
Dan G
3DMark01 || [url=http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/]OCUK - The best UK shop
Dan
Major
Major

Postby CCB_Av8eR » Tue May 25, 2004 1:02 pm

Another suggestion is just set up your own multiplayer sesh on Zone.com
CCB_Av8eR
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dan » Tue May 25, 2004 2:59 pm

Allegedly the Zone is full of 'not so nice' people....
Dan
3DMark01 || [url=http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/]OCUK - The best UK shop
Dan
Major
Major

Postby eno » Tue May 25, 2004 4:57 pm

Allegedly the Zone is full of 'not so nice' people....
Dan

What is that ALLEGEDLY word  ???  :P ;) ;D
[align=center][img]http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/imaginsigeno.jpg[/img][/align]
eno
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby cratermaker » Wed May 26, 2004 3:02 am

If you looking for a place to fly and kick up your shoes afterward, you should check out Livewire Airline.  

You can fly when, where, what you want.  The flight can be off-line or on our MP server; your choice.  Our PIREP system is web-base.  If you are really literaryly challenged, we have the Livewire Kneeboard which can fill in the
Honk, if you like my flying!!!
cratermaker
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Multiplayer