Are there always pratts in the zone.

Discuss Multiplayer flying. Arrange events, chat, recommend & ask questions here!

Are there always pratts in the zone.

Postby eno » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:29 am

Oh what fun I've had this morning ..... I've finally got my router sorted so I can pester fellow simmers with my outrageous flying.
I decided to take a trip to "The Zone" as everywhere on FSHost seemed to be deserted or locked. Got talking to a nice Canadian guy and we decided to take some flights round our local areas .... taking it in turns to choose the location and aircraft. I set up the room and in the comments put DONT take it seriously. Our final flight took us between an airport in Manitoba and landing in Winnipeg flying over his home town. During this flight several other guys joined us and we instructed them on how to join us .. we had quite a formation of learjets going.  Just before we settled into lining up for finals another guy joined us and decided to hover over the destination commenting on everyones landings ........ i bombed mine and came in heavy just short of the runway ....(my own fault for trying to make short overspeed approach).The pratt's comment .... "I'll tell you what you did wrong there!" ... my reply "what went wrong is very easy .... I CRASHED!!" .... What part of dont take it seriously didnt he understand !!! ??? ???

Now Ive got that off my chest .... I need someone to fly with  8)... not in The zone!!  >:(
[glb]Is there anybody thereeee !![/glb]
I need to set up  comms and other software to make things more realistic .... so help with that would be most appreciated too.

cheers
eno
[align=center][img]http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/imaginsigeno.jpg[/img][/align]
eno
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Are there always pratts in the zone.

Postby wiccaboa » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:07 am

I tell you what man, if you connect to me, (I've been having problems lately connecting to other ppl, so I would like to see if you can connect to me) we will do whatever you want. I have and use teamspeak, a voice server and client that we'll figure out how to set up. I can connect to a host easily, but have never tried to host a teamspeak server. wiccaboa@hotmail.com and wiccaboa on msn messenger. I'll be on about 7pm this wednesday if ya wanna try.
Athlon 63 3500+ ~2200, 2048MB PC5300, 320GB 7200RPM SATA HDD, NVIDIA Geforce 8500GT 512MB PCI-E Vid Card, Windows XP Home, Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick. Home Built.
wiccaboa
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Reap » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:01 am

Eno, yes there are usually pratts in the zone, I moved on to FSHost and FSSpy and now fly Vatsim.

I notice you are in Derbyshire, me too!

Anyway if you want to chat about online flying, drop me a PM
UPLOAD IMAGE TO SIMV!
Reap
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby SabreHawk » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:36 am

;DYep, I know just what ya mean, hehe,.... I dont know what a "pratt" is but something tells me it falls into the class of ***hole.   ::)

It's another reason I joined a flying club(Margarita Air)
we have a private server and our members are the best I have ever flown with, and it's a very relaxed and informal atmosphere.

We also use Roger Wilco for comms, it works great and is very simple to use. teamspeak is another good one too, but however is a bit more complicated to set up.
Come check us out sometime, I know you would be welcome to join us as would be anyone with a kindred spirit, and a non serious attitude and just like to have fun. :D

http://www.margaritaair.com/

[center]
SabreHawk
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Multiplayer