HD - 1 Swift still kicking.

If you want to tell others about your website, here's the place to do it.

HD - 1 Swift still kicking.

Postby Dickert » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi guys.
The HD – 1 Swift is still kicking. http://www.dickert.ca/swift
The good points… Mach 1.8 in an aircraft with only a 16 foot long fuselage and 14 foot wing span.
Ballistic climb!!! Stand this thing on it’s ass at Mach 1.8 and you get the idea. Nuff said on that one.
Animations include – full span double slotted flowler flaps and leading edge slats where the rear flap also acts as the ailerons, elevator, rudder, thrust reversers, speed brakes, spoilers, trailing link dual wheel tricycle landing gear, gear doors, canopy, and inside the virtual cockpit are animated flight controls, secondary controls, switches, and 4 canopy lock sight pins.
Four different models, including clean airframe, or with extended range under wing tanks, or with tanks and refuel probe, or with a photo survey configuration that includes sensors and camera lens.
Twenty one paint schemes.
Almost 800 AI flight plans.
And a few new runways to places not included in flight sim.

Problem is I’ve hit a wall with the file size of the model being too big for the compiler (MakeModel). The result is collapsed vertices and mucked up graphics on the switch panels inside the cockpit (I’m sorry – it’s a long learning curve – and as I said, I keep crashing the compiler). Despite these shortcomings, I think this aircraft is still a wild ride, and if you install it, you’ll be in for a fun time. Also, I’ve still not done a FSX cockpit. Seems I’ve missed the boat on FSX

Now that Lockheed Martin has taken over the sim, with their Prepar3D simulator, I’ve got lots of reading to do as soon as I find their SDK. StandBy…
Dickert
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Your Site