Flight Sim Store Problems

If you want to recommend or discuss other sites, this is the place ;)

Flight Sim Store Problems

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:03 pm

Anyone know what the deal is with the Flight Sim Store? I purchased an item last week and I haven't been able to download it or any of the other products I purchased previously.
Emails and Face Book messages go unanswered ( or ignored).
It appears quite a few other folks are in the same dilemma.

The Flight Sim Store took their money and delivered nothing.
And this has been going on for several weeks according to all the messages I read.
Image

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
User avatar
Hawkeye07
Major
Major
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm
Location: Landlocked in the Midwest USA at KAXN

Re: Flight Sim Store Problems

Postby FabioL » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:19 am

There’s a message within the bright green rectangle at the top of the screen relating to moving files to a new server and customer contact expectations to be addressed via their FaceBook page.

That said, do remember that they are without their exclusive historic FTX/ORBX business; make of that what you will.

Fabio
FabioL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:54 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Flight Sim Store Problems

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:22 am

FabioL wrote:There’s a message within the bright green rectangle at the top of the screen relating to moving files to a new server and customer contact expectations to be addressed via their FaceBook page.

That said, do remember that they are without their exclusive historic FTX/ORBX business; make of that what you will.

Fabio


And it says to contact them via their Face Book page. Take a look at the messages on that page and you'll see a lot of folks asking why they can't download their purchases.
The last entry that The Flightsim Store made on that page was in May saying that they were down for maintenance. It's now near the end of August; so what happened?
Perhaps their new server went belly up or some other catastrophe but without a little communication from them it's impossible to tell.
They're still taking peoples money though so that side of the operation seems to be fully functional.

It's too bad because they do have decent prices and a good selection.
Image

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
User avatar
Hawkeye07
Major
Major
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm
Location: Landlocked in the Midwest USA at KAXN

Re: Flight Sim Store Problems

Postby FabioL » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:55 am

Hawkeye07 wrote:
FabioL wrote:There’s a message within the bright green rectangle at the top of the screen relating to moving files to a new server and customer contact expectations to be addressed via their FaceBook page.

That said, do remember that they are without their exclusive historic FTX/ORBX business; make of that what you will.

Fabio


And it says to contact them via their Face Book page. Take a look at the messages on that page and you'll see a lot of folks asking why they can't download their purchases.
.



Their apparent decline has been documented and notable for quite some time, so the FSS is my approved suppliers list, and yours too I presume.

If you recall, they held the exclusive FTX/ORBX contract for many years, but when FTX/ORBX went solo, well, I assume that's when the FSS worries began.

Fabio
FabioL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:54 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Flight Sim Store Problems

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:18 pm

FabioL wrote:
Hawkeye07 wrote:
FabioL wrote:There’s a message within the bright green rectangle at the top of the screen relating to moving files to a new server and customer contact expectations to be addressed via their FaceBook page.

That said, do remember that they are without their exclusive historic FTX/ORBX business; make of that what you will.

Fabio


And it says to contact them via their Face Book page. Take a look at the messages on that page and you'll see a lot of folks asking why they can't download their purchases.
.



Their apparent decline has been documented and notable for quite some time, so the FSS is my approved suppliers list, and yours too I presume.

If you recall, they held the exclusive FTX/ORBX contract for many years, but when FTX/ORBX went solo, well, I assume that's when the FSS worries began.

Fabio


The FSS - FTX/ORBX split still doesn't (or shouldn't) have anything to do with their support for their other merchandise/sales.
Image

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
User avatar
Hawkeye07
Major
Major
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm
Location: Landlocked in the Midwest USA at KAXN

Re: Flight Sim Store Problems

Postby FabioL » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:41 pm

OK, I'm not sure where you are going with this, so I'll back out.

Before I do, judging by the comments, the service might seem to be poor, but I cannot comment personally as I haven't contacted them as the products that I purchased are old or FTX/ORBX.

My suggestion is only that losing the FTX/ORBX business may easily have been a factor in their decline, that's all.

I wish you well in your quest.

Fabio
FabioL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:54 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Flight Sim Store Problems

Postby Hawkeye07 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:39 pm

FabioL wrote:OK, I'm not sure where you are going with this, so I'll back out.

Before I do, judging by the comments, the service might seem to be poor, but I cannot comment personally as I haven't contacted them as the products that I purchased are old or FTX/ORBX.

My suggestion is only that losing the FTX/ORBX business may easily have been a factor in their decline, that's all.

I wish you well in your quest.

Fabio


No hard feelings Fabio, I just wanted to let everyone here on the forum know that The Flightsim Store was having some sort of problem delivering the goods people have paid for in good faith.

All that being said I just checked back with their site again and I finally got to download my latest purchase which was a sound file for the Rolls Royce Dart Engine for my Viscount. Unfortunately my older orders dating back to last November are still in Limbo and not downloadable even though FSS says they are good forever. Someday... :roll:
Image

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
User avatar
Hawkeye07
Major
Major
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm
Location: Landlocked in the Midwest USA at KAXN


Return to Other Sites

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 238 guests