FSW Live - trueSKY Stream NEW VIDEO

If you want to recommend or discuss other sites, this is the place ;)

FSW Live - trueSKY Stream NEW VIDEO

Postby Jetranger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:54 pm

NEW VIDEO

FSW Live - trueSKY Stream

YOU TUBE LINK : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tqtoDDEnso

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tqtoDDEnso[/youtube]
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: FSW Live - trueSKY Stream NEW VIDEO

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:35 pm

My personal opinion.FSW just does not cut it
with me.Scenery looks washed out and restrictions
on adding aircraft.Tut Tut. :snooty:

Anthin. :hand:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:59 pm

They ARE doing some things that interest me.

BUT I'm still reading that some developers aren't interested in selling their products through Dovetail/Steam. Not to mention having to buy the development kit to create all those things that can make a flight sim exciting.

Do you want the latest Prepar3d V4 Software Development Kit (SDK)? Just go to your download page and download it for free. No special developer membership. Just download it.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Maybe I'm wrong ????

BUT, everyone of their FSW Videos is always showing PROP Aircraft

I've yet to see any type of Jet Aircraft,,,, now is it me, or, am I just not aware of something, because it appears so far, FSW is NOT available for Jets or Helicopters or something, least their NOT showing any of those

Also I seem to notice NO A.I. Traffic in any of their video's ??????

But maybe I'm wrong,,, I dunno',

others feel free to weigh in on this please :P
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Daube » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:01 am

FSW currently includes only 5 or 6 aircrafts, only prop engines (single and twin).
Cherokee, Seneca, Twin star, Malibu... that kind of stuff.
The small amount of planes is somehow compensated by the excellent graphical quality and cockpit interactivity.
Also, let's not forget that FSW includes by default OrbX Global and A2A AccuFeel, and now TrueSKY.

But there are no turbine or jet engines yet, and there are no helicopters or gliders yet.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Roypcox » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:15 am

I brought FSW about a month ago, I wish I had brought P3dv4 instead. No jets, what a bummer!!!!
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Daube wrote:FSW currently includes only 5 or 6 aircrafts, only prop engines (single and twin).
Cherokee, Seneca, Twin star, Malibu... that kind of stuff.
The small amount of planes is somehow compensated by the excellent graphical quality and cockpit interactivity.
Also, let's not forget that FSW includes by default OrbX Global and A2A AccuFeel, and now TrueSKY.

But there are no turbine or jet engines yet, and there are no helicopters or gliders yet.

I think that you mentioned a problem with the sim keeping up.

Could the increased speed of a jet put too much stress on the scenery?

I'm willing to bet that they don't have a time/speed multiplier option, do they?
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Roypcox wrote:I brought FSW about a month ago, I wish I had brought P3dv4 instead. No jets, what a bummer!!!!

Not necessarily.

They've said that this is still in development. They've also said if there is little interest in FSW it could be canceled.

So your purchase is an investment in the future of the flight sim.

Now, let me caution you - Planes are meant to have propellers. :geek:

A plane without a propeller is just an accident waiting to happen. :naughty:
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby jphespe » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:11 pm

I find it interesting that all of their demo videos are clear and smooth. Are they running a Cray computer to drive their sim?? I was willing to buy the pore release because 64 bit has got to be the future. I did not expect a perfect sim but what they product on my computer is terrible. ORBX sceney is very good, based on my experience with FSX but on this system is terrible. Maybe rural England or Norway look better but So Cal is a disaster. Scenery and landmarks are not close to real world. However my real problem with FSW is the TERRIBLE FRAME RATES!! I have a high end HP notebook, Win 8.1, 12 Tb hard drive, Intel i7 processor, 8 Gbs of RAM, Radon 6750 graphics. My FSX system runs flawlessly, with all settings generally maxed and frame rates mostly 30-40 fps or higher. The same results,with settings considerably lower, on FSW produce frame rates of 5 fps or less. If anyone has any ideas about this or what I may have missed please let me know.

Thanks for listening (reading),

Jim
jphespe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:59 am

My computer is an old, 6 years-old i7 960, bought in 2011, and in which I simply replaced the video card by a NVidia GTX970.
It runs FSW quite smoothly over default (OrbX Global) scenery even with heavy weather, somehow maintaining a stable 30 FPS.
Now, if I had a "little bit less obsolete" hardware, it would run even better. But for now, it's not that bad, is it ? No need for a NASA computer here.

If FSW was really running at 5 FPS on your computer, then you either had a serious hardware problem, or your settings (in game or in video drivers) were incorrect.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby papituwall » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:07 pm

Same experience as Daube, with similar PC a HP only improved with a GTX660.
In fact I had the idea of a new PC but have delayed the change because P3D V4 runs very well and FSW is ok.
Try less demanding settings and "Vsync on" on video adjustments to avoid some stutters I don't know how to do that in Radeon.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby jphespe » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks for the reply. I tried to make use of them and am pleased to report that after I set all parameters to "crap" I was able to get usable frame rates of about 15 fps. Interestingly I noticed VERY LITTLE change in the scenery or aircraft details. Your suggestion regarding "Vsync" I was unable to try as I could not find any reference to that function. When you degrade all of the parameters and little if anything changes in the aircraft or scenery does this say something about the software? Just wondering..

Thanks again, Regards,
Jim
jphespe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:48 pm

A few thoughts here.

1 - A 32bt program can only use about 3.4GB of RAM. A 64bit program can, in theory, use more memory tha your laptop will recognize. Your "8 Gbs of RAM" may be a little low for a 64bit sim like FSW.

2 - How much room is available on your C: drive? Now, remember that no matter how much RAM you have, Windows uses a "pagefile" and a "swapfile" to swap RAM memory in and out of hard drive. The less memory in your laptop, the more that your RAM will be swapping in and out. If you have a hard drive that's mostly filled, and it hasn't been defragged recently, you swapfile will be very slow.

If you do decide that a larger C: drive is need, I can't stress how much better off you'll be with a solid state drive.

I've been cloning drives for 10 or 12 years, and to me it seems simple. But if careless, mistakes can be made. There are plenty of sites that'll show/tell you how to do it.

If in doubt, pay someone else to do it for you.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:33 am

jphespe wrote:Thanks for the reply. I tried to make use of them and am pleased to report that after I set all parameters to "crap" I was able to get usable frame rates of about 15 fps. Interestingly I noticed VERY LITTLE change in the scenery or aircraft details. Your suggestion regarding "Vsync" I was unable to try as I could not find any reference to that function. When you degrade all of the parameters and little if anything changes in the aircraft or scenery does this say something about the software? Just wondering..

Thanks again, Regards,
Jim

VSYNC:

First of all you need Nvidia inspector: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/ieug6sbqvgi6n2u7/artifacts/nspector%2Fbin%2FnvidiaProfileInspector.zip

FSW has not a default profile, you need to create a new profile ( in the icon sun) for FSW and add app to current profile (in the + icon), search the FSW executable, defult location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSW\FSW.exe

In 2. Sync and refresh go to Vsync and apply 1/2 refresh rate.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:05 am

He has an HP laptop with an AMD Radeon 6750 built in.

I've had one of those years ago, but it was the desktop version with 1GB of DDR3. It did run FSX very well.

Unfortunately, in a laptop, it's probably sharing his 8GB of RAM.

Now that I think of it....... He could replace his 8GB with 16GB and use BIOS to share 4GB with the Radon 6750.

Not cheap, but much cheaper than getting a new computer.

I just checked. Assuming that he has two slots in his laptop, each 4GB of DDR3 RAM would cost about $20 to $35 USD each.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Next

Return to Other Sites