The Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium is OPEN

If you want to recommend or discuss other sites, this is the place ;)

The Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium is OPEN

Postby srborick » Mon May 11, 2015 3:55 pm

May 11th, 2015 – A new flight simulator community website has been completed and is now officially open.

http://www.nexgenflightsim.com

The website, dubbed “the Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium opens its doors to all flight simulator enthusiasts and the general public for the purpose of discussing the future of consumer oriented flight simulation and the probability of creating a community driven next generation flight simulator.

It is the goal of the SIM-Posium to move the community towards establishing the criteria of a next generation flight simulator, the discovery of an appropriate 3D platform for development, the gathering of talented individuals whose expertise (whether through education or experience) can be utilized for the creation and development of a next generation flight simulator, as well as establishing the general consensus of the community towards using a CrowdFunding Campaign for the purposes of raising the necessary funds.

The use of traditional forum settings as well as member submitted articles, comments, surveys, polls, voting and other website features will be used to obtain a consensus as to the overall direction that should be taken when considering the development of a next generation flight simulator.

In addition members will have access to tools providing the ability to collaborate on a Group / Team basis.

The NGFS SIM-Posium organizer, Stephen Borick - a long time flight simulator enthusiast - has set a time frame for the SIM-Posium as a minimal period of six months, which he hopes will be sufficient time to determine the "WILL" of the flight simulator community and their commitment towards achieving the goal of creating a next generation flight simulator.

Everyone is invited to participate in this 1st online Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium. Your input will be invaluable.

You can visit the site and read all of the information available, but if you want to be an active participant your registration is required. You can visit and register by visiting the site at http://www.nexgenflightsim.com

As a protective measure against spammers, the site uses an aggressive program called “Stop Spammers”. Occasionally a legitimate user may be blocked. If this happens to you, please fill out the Allow Request form. This process can take up to 24 hours. For those who may run into this problem, our sincere apologies and thank you for your patience.
srborick
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: The Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium is OPEN

Postby Jean Loup » Mon May 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Impresive, I went through the videos & better than Google Earth. I doubt my venerable Lap will handle something like this, it does not even handle FSX. But very nice videos, something to dream for the future :violin: :violin: :violin:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby expat » Tue May 12, 2015 12:05 am

Quite impressive, lets see how it actually turns out. I am suspecting that with the graphics, we will be requiring an upgrade or two......

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Tue May 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Its a funny old do, but when I look at those videos, I cant help thinking of Playstation, and X-Box Video games, rather than regular Cessna 152, Microlight, etc, aircraft videos on You-Tube.... :roll: ....

A very long way to go before the Flight Sims matches up to the real stuff appearing down below!

What we see on the "Flight Sims" is all in the mind!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flacke » Tue May 12, 2015 8:58 pm

This really is very very exciting. We need to get a next generation flight sim going and it looks like these are the people that will do it. I will gladly find the money to buy a new high-perf 'puter to run this Sim when it finally hits the market. Good luck to these forward-looking Sim designers. I can hardly wait.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Anthindelahunt » Wed May 13, 2015 12:39 am

OMG! That looks incredible.

I hope I am still around to see this happen.

Very exciting.

Anthin. :o :o
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Return to Other Sites