AVSIM site sucks

If you want to recommend or discuss other sites, this is the place ;)

AVSIM site sucks

Postby stephan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:04 am

Is it just me or does anyone else think AVSIM is a POS site?
I downloaded the Traffic View Board,ver 2.1 and,following the somewhat vague installation instructions ,I find I cant get it to work to where it would make sense.
When looking thru the net trying to find someone who could inform me or a more detailed installation instructions,and maybe even clarify what it is that I AM seeing,I see that most comments were found in AVSIMs page. Yeah,right. I enter my user name and password and am informed that I am "..not allowed to do that.", and I cant get into their forum,or ANYWHERE ELSE as far as that goes. I have fought getting into AVSIM for far too long and now developed an attitude that the site and admin are a complete waste of time and a sick joke.
NONE THE LESS...
Is there ANYONE here at my all time favorite FS page that can help me with installation instructions for the Traffic View Board?
Sometimes,I get tired of flying and just want to watch the ai aircraft take off and land at KCLE (which is about 20 miles from my home).
Thanks guys for putting up with my rant. These other sim sites could take a lesson from Simviation,the best and most user friendly site around.
-----stephan/ Altitude with Attitude.
stephan

Re: AVSIM site sucks

Postby Bass » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:06 am

I'll second that stephan!!!
I'm in, but not using it.......
I only got Avsim Library standing by :whistle:
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 pm

I must admit, I've been a registered Member of AVSIM since the middle of 2005, no problems signing in, and I can say that I have never had any problems with them.
The same goes for Flightsim. Member since mid 2010.

Both Sites retain my details for instant Log-in.

Both Sites contain useful additional information.

Paul.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stephan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:04 pm

I also am registered,but the computer I did use I am not using now,and I don't know if they require cookies or some other sissy kitchen term to keep you on board.Regardless,I am done with the headache known as Avsim. My present headache is the Traffic View Board,which I still need answers to.
stephan

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:37 am

I'll jump in and add my two cents here too. I've been having trouble logging in for about two or three weeks now. Every time I try to log in I get a page saying that I have a "cookie problem." I rechecked everything half a dozen times (at least) ,even following the Avsim site instructions to the letter but I still get the cookie problem page. This occurred with IE amd Firefox. After about a week and a half I finally got logged in with Firefox but still no joy with IE which I use primarily for my fltsim stuff. Contacted the email posted on the "cookie page" was little help either. He offered one suggestion which I politely replied didn't help and that's the last I've heard from him.
Screw Avsim, I'm done with them too. By the way the system I'm using is the same one I've had for four + years, nothings been changed or altered on my end.

Hawkeye

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:16 am

Just for the halibut I tried to log into the library again but I still get the following page:

Your browser is currently not accepting cookies from this site -- cookies are requires to access the AVSIM Library.
Please check your browser's configuration, ensuring you accept cookies from library.avsim.net.

To do this under Internet Explorer: Go into Internet Options, Privacy, Cookies, Edit, library.avsim.net, Allow.

Running ZoneAlarm? If so, make sure your privacy settings are not rejecting cookies there.

If you contine to have problems, please email library@avsim.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had no problems with the home page whatsoever in either browser but the library section is another story. So I'm done with Avsim.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby stephan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:21 am

Thanks for the input about Avsim gents. Guess those slackers are feeling the pressure from the #1 sim site in the world, (Simviation...who else,LOL...LOVE this site). ANYHOO...does anyone have any solutions for my original problem? ( in reference to my original post here.) Thanks bunches.
stephan

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Just as an aside... ;) ....

One thing I NEVER do, is to "Log Out" of any of my favourite sites, that way, every time I revisit them I am always automatically "Logged-In"..... :D ...!
It by-passes any possible problems!

Paul.... :mrgreen:
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stephan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Well,normally,I'd agree on the 'not logging out' . But,as it happens,I am STILL logged in to Avsim,and STILL can't get in anywhere in the site,AND now I can't even log out...not permitted.They are messed up from the front door to the back.I'm done with this topic. My original beef was toward the Traffic View Board,and,because of a statement of Avsim,that has now become the subject. I STILL need help with the TVB ver 2.1
stephan

Postby Bass » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:51 am

Stephan.
Try to make a cleanup with CCleaner, then you will be locked out! And that goes for most other sites you're on if you dont haven't saved sites inside FF. (Hope you know what i mean )
Lock again and see what happens!

Note. Hope you've saved your passwords to the sites you're using :whistle:
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby stephan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:10 pm

I finally got in.Used a dirty and possible illegal trick to do it,but none the less,I'm back in. Dont ask. ;) Seriously...dont ask.
stephan

Postby Jetranger » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:17 am

AVSIM

they have recently in the past, back last fall and winter had issues with Hackers, and someone attempting to send them BOTS,,, causing them problems,,,

there was a time for a short while they were down and nobody could log in,,, for they had been hacked.

then they had a du-flunky, watch ya ma call it go down, that messed up their site,,,

I can log in to the site, but I rarely go there, unless its to look for an old file of an aircraft I can't find anywhere else.

think some issues may be related to users Browsers, Google Chrome, IE8 or IE 7, Firefox, etc - or security programs, maybe even operating systems - XP, Windows Vista, Windows Glass,,,

not everybody who runs a web site is keeping up to par with all these different type of technology, its a daunting task, then throw in some Foreign agent a Degenerate Hacker throwing all kinds of stuff at your site, and you get problems.

Heck look at TARGET and all the Banking web site problems the last few years, even the Department of Justice was hit recently their web site.

The World Wide Web invites World Wide Criminals and all kinds of problems , kinda like Airline Travel and those darn High Jerkers :twisted: :o

Interesting Info : http://www.hackersnewsbulletin.com/category/website-defacing
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:25 am

I was a SR library editor for them for some time but was kicked out because the head guy at the time did not think I was doing enough. This site has gown down hill big time I am still registered there but hardly download anything any more. I actually got a shirt with AVSIM on it but I threw it in the trash where it belongs. The owner of the site is a complete jerk if you ask me. The only person I found that actually seemed to care is Chase Creznor and he is still there. I no longer recommend this site to anyone at all and do not normally mention it in any post I make

<<q
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Other Sites