Sim Store Closing Down !!

If you want to recommend or discuss other sites, this is the place ;)

Sim Store Closing Down !!

Postby Jetranger » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:51 am

Whoooops !

Their Closing Downnnnnnnn !

NO More !

The Doors are Shutting Closed !

and now the End is near - and they did it - theirrrrr Wayyyyyyyyy !

MS FLIGHT store is closing : http://www.simflight.com/2013/08/17/bid-farewell-to-flights-dlc-as-store-set-to-close/
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Sim Store Closing Down !!

Postby al_fallujah » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Well I think that is the final nail in the coffin.

I had hopes for it, all the way up to the release, and was then met with complete and total disappointment.

It will be intersting to see the next move... are they going to back track, and rebuild their Sim team and publish a real flight sim, or are they going to abandon the sim market?

I am bettin' on the latter. They will walk. Too much money to make a good simulator, not enough ROI.

If they DID decide to re-enter the market, MS may try to buy one of the others out there and re-brand it.
This is all just me speculating of course.
al_fallujah
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Steve M » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Is'nt this MS admitting they failed miserably? And that the corperate exectutives were unwilling to listen to Joe public? After all how could uneducated peons like us know how to run a bussiness. Sorry for bringing up the past but I saw this in another thread and commented here. Now how did Microsoft make thier fortunes in the first place? It's on the backs of people like you and I. MS has our cash now and are running with it. I still say when a giant drops to its knees it proves that the bigger you are, the harder you fall..
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:38 pm

From my many experiences with Microsoft, they have slid down hill, especially with customer service issues in regards to their many windows operating systems.

Their totally out to lunch anymore, and think because their Microsoft - they can treat customers however they want, especially up in Corporate in Washington !

I don't think their operating systems are very good anymore or any of their computer products either, the products may have a Microsoft label on them,,, but that's about it.

I'm done with them, now and in the future, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest !

Tell ya somebody else who's NOT far behind them, and that that damn GOOGLE as well,,, they seem to be messing up at every turn they make lately !

I've been a YOU TUBE user since 2006 actually a tad bit before that,,, and I can not believe how badd they have ruined YOU TUBE, they've ruined everything about it, from the menu's to your personel channel page, to the entire layout and organization of how its layed out !

What really , really gets me, tho - is I still get these stupid pop up screens, wanting you, to use your Real Name on their YOU TUBE site !

Their own security page even states don't give any personel information about yourself that may help identity thieves or hackers or con artists who could use it against you.

Its like their Contradicting themselves, and with all the identity thieves and hackers , WHY would anybody be foolish enough to wanna post the real names up on a publically viewable site such as that or any other site ???

unless your totally clueless and NAIVE & Brainless anyway.

1st they tell ya NOT to do it, than their sendin a notice to do it,,, they can't make up their minds what their doin anymore.

Too many young clueless people they've hired to work for them, who obviously aren't playing with a full deck of cards, few Taco's short of having a full combination plate !!!

Things are sure messed up now, worse than what it used to be, it should be getting better - you'd think, NOT worse and more messed up !

Many of the ideas their coming up with are worse than what was previous, like Microsofts new EMail , making it look like Outlook Express and recently GOOGLE did the same thing to their EMail program,,,

nobody ever liked the layout of outlook express to begin with, kinda why it was NOT in place all those years, now, recently, that's what were being forced to accept to use, like it or not the new layouts Suck, and that's not just my opinion, but many many many users as well, as the same goes for YOUTUBE, lotta users who've been with YOU TUBE a long time are NOT happy with how they've changed it, and NOT for the better either !

I feel all this may be doomed before long, as it turns off more & more users, they will just quit using a lotta this stuff,,,

eventually,, I have a feeling,,, we may reverse right back to the era before all this computer-ization stuff anyway.
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Other Sites