installation for addons

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

installation for addons

Postby vmfa 232 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 am

Glad to be onboard. Hoping to learn some things about cfs2. I was wondering if anyone knows how to install addons such as php and battleship row to the game. My bro sent me 4 cds full of all sorts of addons some years back and has forgotten how to install. Please advise if you can assist. Tks guys for your time.
vmfa 232
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: installation for addons

Postby Bass » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:25 am

Welcome on board.

I still got cfs2 on my sys with tons of addons, but long time since last!

Dont your addons cd got the readme files?

Dont know excatly what you mean with php, thats a huge area, but installing ships is easy. Getting those ships into missions or campaings, is a little more tricky.
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby vmfa 232 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 am

ive got hangers full of planes, battleship row, pearl harbor and php which is pearl harbor something. I also have missions and campaigns, and scenery and scenery db. :-/ went to one sight and they had an installer in winzip2.2, I was trying winrar to unzip and install but it couldnt find the pathway. I thought that all I had to do was unzip them into the folders but obviously i was wrong. Any suggestions would be helpful
vmfa 232
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:26 am

Make a folder on your c-drive, (you can call it unzipped), and open zips into that folder. Then copy what you get, one by one, and put it in the right places where you got cfs2 installed.

Btw i'm using 7-zip ;)
Last edited by Bass on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby vmfa 232 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:34 pm

tks on the tips for addons guys, bass your instructions worked. Hey man, I was lost on it all. lol Got most of them working though. Some more to go as of yet but well on the way now. A big high five to you all.  ;) ;)
vmfa 232
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Polar_Lion » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 pm

PHP= pearl harbor project.

Were you able to sort it out?

the best way to do addon scenery is to keep it together as much as possible. there should be installation instructions in every readme. some are harder to follow then others.

I don't have the PHP scenry or campaign installed so i'm not sure of the hiccups it may have.

i would put all of the Scenery in the addon folder after you have extracted it.

For large campaigns like the Fox Four Korean War i would make a new install of CFS2. Actually any new theater such as the FFKW, ETO-European Theater of Operation, MTO- Med Theater, WWI 1916 or any of the many others i would recommend this.

Also be aware that alot of these have been updated. so some of the older files may not work right with the new updates. an example would be any that use RumpaFlappy's Mesh.

Many of the Creators of the missions and scenery can be found at
http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/
or
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/f ... 482b5cff22
You will have to register to post on both of those sites.

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Till Later
John
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Polar_Lion » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:52 pm

PHP= pearl harbor project.

Were you able to sort it out?

the best way to do addon scenery is to keep it together as much as possible. there should be installation instructions in every readme. some are harder to follow then others.

I don't have the PHP scenry or campaign installed so i'm not sure of the hiccups it may have.

i would put all of the Scenery in the addon folder after you have extracted it.

For large campaigns like the Fox Four Korean War i would make a new install of CFS2. Actually any new theater such as the FFKW, ETO-European Theater of Operation, MTO- Med Theater, WWI 1916 or any of the many others i would recommend this.

Also be aware that alot of these have been updated. so some of the older files may not work right with the new updates. an example would be any that use RumpaFlappy's Mesh.

Many of the Creators of the missions and scenery can be found at
http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/
or
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/f ... 482b5cff22
You will have to register to post on both of those sites.

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Till Later
John
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2