getting old

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

getting old

Postby maggiedog » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Reinstalled my inhanced cfs2,over 1 gig. My planes will start and go down the runway but will not takeoff. Elevator is in down position. When I push stick foward it goes to neutral.
I have worked in settings. No luck. My 78 year old is not up to the prob. Ageing is not for the timid. elslasho [Larry]
maggiedog
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: getting old

Postby Fozzer » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Hello Maggie...

Have you set-up/tested your Joystick settings?

Windows Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Game Controllers (Joystick) > Right-Click = Settings > Properties....

Rotate, etc, the stick to check all the movements are OK!

When I run my FS 2004 Sim I have to rotate the stick through all its travel BEFORE I take off, to centralise everything!

Paul...Age = 78...My only problem is the; "Water-Works"... ;)... ;D...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Polar_Lion » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:56 pm

yea sounds like a controller issue
what are you using?
i have a logitec and on some games i have to load the profile first before it will work. though i dont with cfs2. its a starting point.
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:09 pm

I installed the stock cfs2 with the same problem. So it does look like my CH 568 combatstick is the culprit. I should be able to fix that. Thanks for the help. Reno air races start this week and some of the flights form up over this valley. I like it.

You couldn't get much closer to Reno than that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierraville,_California

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Sierraville&state=CA

California/Nevada Border.

Paul... :)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2