Precip problem.

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Precip problem.

Postby Bass » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:11 am

I got a wierd sound problem when loading precipitation in cfs2. It sounds like a very bad "electrical connection"!
Its not a copy, it has been installed 3-4 times on different systems (xp fsx, all my own) for years, and i've been all over for this.
Nothing wrong with the precip sound files on cd2, nothing wrong with the files in precip folder after installation.
Any clue?
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Re: Precip problem.

Postby Polar_Lion » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:06 pm

you may have done all or some of this but its worth a try.

a couple of questions
1) have you updated your sound drivers?
2) have you tried the sounds in Windows Media Player?

the media player is just a guess. but i figure if it plays fine there then it should in the game. i would look into updating your audio drivers if you havent already. and if you have then try to roll them back to see if there was a change.

last thing you can try, do you use headphones?
if not try them with headphones. and like wise if you do, try it without. just to rule out equipment. if there is no change then try playing a CD(any music you like) just to rule out a sound board problem.

thats all i've got. I hope it helps.

oh please let us know if you fix it.
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bass » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:17 am

you may have done all or some of this but its worth a try.

a couple of questions
1) have you updated your sound drivers?
2) have you tried the sounds in Windows Media Player?

the media player is just a guess. but i figure if it plays fine there then it should in the game. i would look into updating your audio drivers if you havent already. and if you have then try to roll them back to see if there was a change.

last thing you can try, do you use headphones?
if not try them with headphones. and like wise if you do, try it without. just to rule out equipment. if there is no change then try playing a CD(any music you like) just to rule out a sound board problem.

thats all i've got. I hope it helps.

oh please let us know if you fix it.

Tks a lot for your reply Polar.
I've been having this problem for years on 3 different systems and 2 different soundcards! Atm i have x-fi titanium, of course updated. I play every cd sound without problems, head phones or not!
Maybe i should not fly when it rains, but i hate bugs.  ;)

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Polar_Lion » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:10 pm

i wounder if a new set of sounds would work.

i'll look and see what i have. i'll also look for ones done by other ppl.

i wounder if the sounds for FS2002 are the same as CFS2? hummmm. (After looking at my copy of FS2002pro, they seem to be the same.)

i think the sound is suppose to sound like rain hitting the wings or canopy. only time i get static is when i change views in the cockpit.
Last edited by Polar_Lion on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bass » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:11 am

I've had Hamply's 2002 precip files in for a test. Its just silence. Cfs2 (cfg?) wont load it and there i think the problem is! Finding the right cfg, is my sourch atm.

Bass
Major
Major

Postby Polar_Lion » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:12 pm

were did you get the sounds from. i'll give them a go and see what i get.
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Polar_Lion » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:12 pm

ok something i didn't notice before.

i found the sound files you mentioned. there are a few differances in the names.

the FS2002 sounds have 16 in the file and the CFS2 only 12.

so dont use the "C2prec1 - C2prec4" sounds in CFS2. those are inter rain sounds for jets i think. at least thats what it sounds like to me. 

CFS2 uses
c1prec1-4 which sound like underwing or canopy

xpreca1-4 which are wind and rain sounds and do sound kinda staticy

xprecg1-4 which are external rain

the copy of Hambly's sounds dont have "c1prec4"

the sound intencifies as you go up in number. basicly 1 is light rain and 4 is heavy rain. make sure you have all of the sounds. you could be missing one if your not hearing Hambly's sounds.

oh last few questions,
what aircraft are you useing and is it a stock or one that someone made?
and if its one that was made than what sounds are they useing. an aliased or what?

I hope this helps. now i havent tested Hambly's sounds in CFS2 yet. but all the names are the same so it should work. i'll test them and get back to you.
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bass » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:19 am

The problem goes for every plane in cfs2, stock or addon. I've being messing around this for a long time, AND as far as i can remember, this probs started when i installed a mission with a german seaplane taking off in a raining day. But i'm not sure!

Well, i'm looking too for some "raining files".

Bass
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2