CFS2 Resolution Won`t go up

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

CFS2 Resolution Won`t go up

Postby Ultramarines » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 am

After years through all versions of IL2 and FS, Installed CFS2 on my ASUS laptop, system is XP32bit, Graphic card ATI Mobility Radeon 3650, with the ASUS driver issued in 2008.

whatever graphic quality I set in settings the graphic won`t go better, no resolution change etc in menu, however if I access the Settings through the bar called out by hitting Alt on keyboard in-game(in free flight), the screen res is changed. But the Menu res still wouldn`t change. The entries in CFS2.cfg is all comprenhensive with my settings though.

Could anybody help?

Thank you very much!

Fallout3.
Ultramarines
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: CFS2 Resolution Won`t go up

Postby andy190 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 am

I'm guessing you

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Re: CFS2 Resolution Won`t go up

Postby Hagar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:48 am

The graphics are much better when you exit full screen mode for some reason.

In my experience that is not the case. It might depend on your graphics card.

After years through all versions of IL2 and FS, Installed CFS2 on my ASUS laptop, system is XP32bit, Graphic card ATI Mobility Radeon 3650, with the ASUS driver issued in 2008.

whatever graphic quality I set in settings the graphic won`t go better, no resolution change etc in menu, however if I access the Settings through the bar called out by hitting Alt on keyboard in-game(in free flight), the screen res is changed. But the Menu res still wouldn`t change. The entries in CFS2.cfg is all comprenhensive with my settings though.

I'm not sure I understand your problem. Make sure you have hardware acceleration enabled in CFS2 Advanced Display settings & that your Radeon 3650 is selected in the Device box. Read this in the first instance & see if it helps. http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs2/articles_performance_settings.aspx

If that doesn't work perhaps you could post a screenshot of your Settings menu so we can see it for ourselves.
Last edited by Hagar on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2