Common CFS2 Problems...And Fixes

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Re: Common CFS2 Problems...And Fixes - Engine Won't Shutdown

Postby Tango_Romeo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:32 pm

To shut engine use shift+3.

Talon

Thanks, Talon.  Is that for the FS/CFS or the CFS2 keyboard configuration?  :-/
Many Hands Make Small Work Image P-51 Contract Lost - Build Swifts

FLY FOX FOUR KOREA: http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2korea.htm GET FOX FOUR EXTRAS: http://www.simviation.com/lair
Tango_Romeo
Major
Major

Re: Common CFS2 Problems...And Fixes

Postby Talon8565 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:35 pm

I use it for CFS2.

Talon
Talon8565
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Common CFS2 Problems...And Fixes - AIs Won't Attack

Postby Tango_Romeo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:35 pm

NOTE - Even a finely-tuned AI sometimes will not attack ground targets in mountainous terrain, because the sim cannot calculate attack solutions due to drastic variations in terrain elevations.

In mountainous terrain you have to adjust the waypoint angles the planes attack from. Only way to do this is watch how the AI attack. Doing my Pearl Missions for PHP I had to adjust alot of waypoints because the harbor had mountains on 3 sides and the planes would crash into them. After some trial and error I had over 140 planes attack with no crashing into the mountains.

Working in the PNG now I had the same problem attacking a target with mountains on every side. After a day or 2 all targets destroyed with no crashing into the mountains. Yes it takes some time but well worth it. Every situation is different and depends on the planes you are using.

Talon

Good stuff, Talon, good stuff.  :D

FLY FOX FOUR KOREA: http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2korea.htm GET FOX FOUR EXTRAS: http://www.simviation.com/lair
Tango_Romeo
Major
Major

Postby Birddog5 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:52 pm

During initial loading of CFS2, I get error messages stating that all the original aircraft are not in the library? It can't find a6m2_zero, a6m5_zero, etc for KI43, Val, Kate, F4F,F6F, F4U-1, SBD and TBD. They are all there in the AIRCRAFT Dir. I checked.

Second problem is tons of weapons not working, again the error message is that they are not in the library but, when I examine the OBJECTS_DP dir, they are all there. Some weapons work and some do not. For example, F4F wildcat can display bombs but can't drop them. I need help please!
Birddog5
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Tango_Romeo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:55 pm

During initial loading of CFS2, I get error messages stating that all the original aircraft are not in the library? It can't find a6m2_zero, a6m5_zero, etc for KI43, Val, Kate, F4F,F6F, F4U-1, SBD and TBD. They are all there in the AIRCRAFT Dir. I checked.

Second problem is tons of weapons not working, again the error message is that they are not in the library but, when I examine the OBJECTS_DP dir, they are all there. Some weapons work and some do not. For example, F4F wildcat can display bombs but can't drop them. I need help please!

[glow=yellow,2,300]You need to make a separate post on this problem in the regular section of the forum to get the proper attention for this problem.....just a thought.[/glow]  8-)

Tango_Romeo
Major
Major

Postby TheGrinner66 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Hello to everyone in there!! I'm reallyreally new over here... So please forgive me if I'm not on the right way and I'm making a mistake.

I present the problem... I've reinstalled CFS2 on my new pc. The last time that I've played this game is abou 3 or 4 years ago. At this time my operating system was a Windows XP. Now I have Windows 7 at least 2 years. However, after the installation of the game I've tried to play... But after the picture with the Zero and the Hellcat where the game say that is loading, I've received this error message from the system:

Firma problema:
Nome evento problema: APPCRASH
Nome applicazione: CFS2.ICD
Versione applicazione: 7.50.0.917
Timestamp applicazione: 39c5a653
Nome modulo con errori: CFS2.ICD
Versione modulo con errori: 7.50.0.917
Timestamp modulo con errori: 39c5a653
Codice eccezione: c0000005
Offset eccezione: 0002124a
Versione SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
ID impostazioni locali: 1040
Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 0a9e
Ulteriori informazioni 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Ulteriori informazioni 3: 0a9e
Ulteriori informazioni 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

As you can see I'm from Italy, but I think it's easy to understand what's mean this message...
I'm waiting for an answer from someone. This game is veryvery important for me, because it remind me of some speciale persons now faded away. Thanks to everyone who decided to help me, and sorry for my horrible English.

TheGrinner66
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 / Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00Ghz, 2,0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE
TheGrinner66
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:29 am

Welcome on SimV ;)

As i can see it, you probably could have an issue with memory.

Running win7 ultimate with 2gb ram is not much when installing games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-disc ... b-ram.html

See also this

http://community.combatsim.com/topic/15 ... mulator-2/

I suppose you've sat the game compability to XP SP3.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby TheGrinner66 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:44 am

Yes, you're right Bass... But now I've a new fantastic thing to say. Yesterday I've installed CFS3... same problem of CFS2. So I've put inside the CFS3 folder in the Disc C, a patch for play the game without the CD... Drum roll... The game work perfectly!! Shoot down the enemys is so fantastic. After some time I've decided to start adding some planes. I've successfuly installed 5 planes and the AvH needed patches. The sixth plane, a TBF-1, did the game crash. So I thought... If I remove the plane, the game should restart with no problem (With a Simbin/10tentacles simulator, GT Legend about historic cars, is normal). But the game stop working!! I've try to do every thing... put it in compatibility with every system, run it like an administrator of the system, istall the game in a different position (another Hard Disk), change the resolution (640x480), install the 3.1a patch and the respective NoCD patch... BUT ALL WAS USELESS!!

I don't know what to do... please save me!!

TheGrinner66
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 / Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00Ghz, 2,0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE
TheGrinner66
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby bigstu08 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:57 am

I've got a major problem, I've received the failure to intialise database error, now I know this is nothing to do with either the 100 plane limit nor the corrupt plane issue becusae I had not touched the aircraft section since the last time I flew however what I did do was install the alphasim weapons pack, and stupidly because the weapons didn't show on the specific planes I added the weapons free to the scenery library in the settings and since I did that the message has popped up, how do I fix this without reinstalling?
bigstu08
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Capt_Cronic » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:22 pm

Fix for low resolution running CFS2 on new PC

The problem is cfs2 is old and does not recognize newer hardware.
Display changes must be made in the config file only.
The display settings in the game menu will still show incorrect resolution
and you wont be able to check the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" box, just ignore it.
Because CFS2 does not recognize newer hardware, if you try to change a setting
in the display menu, the game will overwrite your changes to the lowest resolution
and you will have to edit your config file again.

open cfs2.cfg file with notepad and edit / verify the following entries

[MAIN]
RUNNINGBADHW=0

[DISPLAY]
Device=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (\\.\DISPLAY1) <------ verify your video card id
Mode=1920x1080x32 <------- set to your resolution
AntiAlias=1 <------- set to 1 to enable
HWTnL=1 <------- set to 1 to enable
Anisotropic=1 <------- set to 1 to enable
Disable=0 <----- set to 0 to enable HW Acceleration, add if missing

enjoy 8-)
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2