156 Pages

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Re: 156 Pages

Postby Polar_Lion » Mon May 16, 2011 3:44 pm

now the scout works fine for me. i flew it for about 10min or so. what do you run for an OS is it XP or Win7? i have directX 9.0c and i know the DirectX 11 is for Win7, but is there a DirectX 10? just grabbing at straws more or less i know but i keep hopeing to get past this easly. well short of redoing the MDLs im just going to have to run with what i have.

Thank you Hagar for following along and helping me hash this out.
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon May 16, 2011 4:18 pm

I just checked those 3rd party aircraft. All are different in some way.
The Bristol Scout is a Gmax model with
Last edited by Hagar on Mon May 16, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Polar_Lion » Tue May 17, 2011 12:03 am

just for fun lets try a different plane that uses the same animator. cuz the scout works but the other 2 dont (properly that is). any ideas which one to try. doent have to be a WWI. if every plane that doesnt work right was made with the same animator than thats my problem. or atleast a something to point at.

maybe the ATI graphics isn't completely compatable with windows XP. or not backwards compatable enough. though i do run alot of old games on this, who knows.

oh yeah, we have the same operating system. thank you again Hagar.
Last edited by Polar_Lion on Tue May 17, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Tue May 17, 2011 1:34 am

just for fun lets try a different plane that uses the same animator. cuz the scout works but the other 2 dont (properly that is).

From what I can make out this applies to all the aircraft that don't work on your CFS2. For example; Alphasim freeware (Combat Aces) & PJ Walker WWI models.

any ideas which one to try. doent have to be a WWI. if every plane that doesnt work right was made with the same animator than thats my problem. or atleast a something to point at.

You could take your pick from almost every file (except defaults) posted in the FS2000 sections. You would need to re-alias panel and/or sound for them to work in CFS2. These are all early models created with either AF99 or FSDS1 before FSDS2 was released. I can't figure out why they would cause problems.

maybe the ATI graphics isn't completely compatable with windows XP. or not backwards compatable enough. though i do run alot of old games on this, who knows.

The compatibility of the graphics card depends on the drivers. Not sure if you can update the drivers on your integrated card.

PS. You could try this. It's a very basic unanimated AF99 model. http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=BlackRoger.zip&categoryId=&filename=Y
Last edited by Hagar on Tue May 17, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2