WW I

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Re: WW I

Postby H » Fri May 06, 2011 7:36 pm

The AIR file entry for the Fox Four Sabre doesn't match the MDL file name. (The only one I checked.) We never had a problem with it.
I downloaded your Fox Four Sabre, with no other F-86E, and it loaded. I added another F-86E, strictly named so in its files, although the sound and panel files are different. When I restarted CFS2, the new F-86E was listed - and loaded - but your KWCFS2_F86E had disappeared (no changes were made to its files other than sim=F-86E).
Changing the F-86E's sim= to F-86E Sabre and reapplying that name to the KWCFS2_F86E's sim= somewhat reversed the action: the KWCFS2_F86E had returned but was listed as the F-86E in the roster.

8-)
Last edited by H on Fri May 06, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sat May 07, 2011 2:27 am

The AIR file entry for the Fox Four Sabre doesn't match the MDL file name. (The only one I checked.) We never had a problem with it.
I downloaded your Fox Four Sabre, with no other F-86E, and it loaded. I added another F-86E, strictly named so in its files, although the sound and panel files are different. When I restarted CFS2, the new F-86E was listed - and loaded - but your KWCFS2_F86E had disappeared (no changes were made to its files other than sim=F-86E).
Changing the F-86E's sim= to F-86E Sabre and reapplying that name to the KWCFS2_F86E's sim= somewhat reversed the action: the KWCFS2_F86E had returned but was listed as the F-86E in the roster.

I think you're missing the point H. This is the Aircraft.cfg entry for the Fox Four F-86E :-

[fltsim.0]
title=KW F-86E
sim=F-86E Sabre
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
checklists=
KB_checklists=F-86E SABRE_check

As I said earlier, the sim= entry points to the AIR file in use. The AIR file of the Fox Four F-86E is named F-86E SABRE.air. If you change the sim= entry without changing the file name of the corresponding AIR file the aircraft will not be listed on the selection menu. The title= entry defines how it will be listed on the Free Flight menu.

Note: Two other F-86E Sabres are included with the Fox Four campaigns, a South African Air Force variant & AI Only version. All have the same named AIR files, sim= & AIR file 101 entries. I repeat, this has never caused a conflict or other problems.
Last edited by Hagar on Sat May 07, 2011 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Polar_Lion » Sun May 08, 2011 12:00 pm

i'm still having issues
how can you tell a FSDS from a GMax. i'm woundering if my system is have the issue with that

only other thing i can think of is my directx and my graphic aren't realy liking each other.

could some one look at the aerocrate's and P J's textures and see a differance.

it has to be my computer but i just cant think of what and how to get around it
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Polar_Lion » Sun May 08, 2011 1:02 pm

ok i changes the texture format. no luck. so i'm out of ideas.

went from DTX1 to ext 16 bit 565 incase your wondering
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun May 08, 2011 2:09 pm

i'm still having issues
how can you tell a FSDS from a GMax. i'm woundering if my system is have the issue with that

Good point. From the Readme the PJ Walker aircraft were modelled with FS Design Studio Pro (FSDS1) & animated with Aircraft Animator + SDLEdit. From a peek at the MDL file the Aerocrate aircraft were modelled with the later FSDS2 (or 3) which uses a different form of animation.

The different type of MDL file could possibly be the cause of your problem with the PJW aircraft. I've never heard of anyone having this problem before. I suggest you forget the PJW aircraft for now. There are alternatives for most types from other authors.

could some one look at the aerocrate's and P J's textures and see a differance.

The textures of both appear to be in the same format. Extended 16-bit 565.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Polar_Lion » Sun May 08, 2011 3:29 pm

my old computer i could use every aircraft out there. olny some gave me trouble and it was normally only becuz it was missing something. but this computer hates everything. older planes dont work. newer ones need the panels modified. i hate this computer. so now what is this thing missing to stop having these issues.

oh anyone have a copy of FSDS.

i wounder if i'm missing some .dll files. it is this computer causing my troubles. i'm thinking graphics card. it keeps coming to that.

well ty guys. i'll keep plugging at it and try to find planes that work on this worthless thing.
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun May 08, 2011 3:41 pm

oh anyone have a copy of FSDS.

I have FSDS2. Why do you ask?

it is this computer causing my troubles. i'm thinking graphics card. it keeps coming to that.

That seems the most likely answer.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Polar_Lion » Sun May 08, 2011 4:31 pm

love to be able to look at the mdl files and know if i'm going to have an issue. would also like to make my own planes as well but i don't think i have that kind of time.

i have it downloaded but no serial to unlock it. so there it sits.

if you have a working copy of FSDS and want to share it PM me. it would remain for personal use.

maybe when i'm able to afford it, i'll buy it but for now i'll have to go the cheapest route possible.
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun May 08, 2011 4:34 pm

FSDS cannot open MDL files. You could use Notepad to check them out. It's mostly gobbledegook so you have to know what to look for. Not sure it would be any use explaining it as we don't know what's causing your problem.
Last edited by Hagar on Sun May 08, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2