Fokker EIII?

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Fokker EIII?

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:11 am

Hi guys, I've been searching high and low for a Fokker EIII Eindekker to download, without success, any suggestions?
PLEASE STOP LINKING IMAGES, IT SLOWS THE FORUMS DOWN FOR OTHER USERS!!!!
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Fokker EIII?

Postby Cody_Coyote » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:06 am

Go over to Aerocrate.

http://aerocrate.com/aircraft.html

This is a great site for WWI aircraft.
Cody_Coyote
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks there's some good stuff in there, I d/l'd the EIII and created a mission and hit 'Fly now' but it wouldn't run, I got the message-"Aircraft initialisation failure Fok EIII".
Am I permanently grounded or can it be fixed?
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Wait a minute, I already asked that question about another plane a few weeks ago (duh), I saved the two replies and will go check them out and let you know how I get on..:)

EDIT- no joy, I checked it's not double-wrapped and I rebooted without success. The other suggestions are a bit too techy for me (I'm just a grunt wargamer)
Here's how the file looks in the Aircraft folder, is anything missing?

And below are the forum replies I got when I asked previously,but I haven't a clue what are config.dp/quickcom/cdp/dat etc?

Reply 1 - First make sure you have the correct folders within the aircraft folder, ie model/sound/etc.
Second, check that the name of the aircraft in the cfg is the same on the aircrafts folder and .dp.
Third, make sure the aircraft isn't "doublewrapped" in folders.
Fourth, Sometimes rebooting is needed to get it properly 'registered' within the sim.
------------------
Reply 2 - Just replace the Quickcom\qc_plane.qcb file with the original and delete all plane *.cdp files and all filelist.dat files and restart CFS2. This always works for me when I get your described errors.
Last edited by Scatterbrain Kid on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:17 am

In fact the aircraft initialisation issue has plagued me over the years; it affects about 1 in 6 aircraft I download.
Usually it's no big deal because I simply search for another plane of the same type which will initialise fine, but that Aerocrate EIII is apparently the only one on the net (?) so I'm stuck.
Last edited by Scatterbrain Kid on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 am

Have you tried the EIII in Free Flight? The Sound.cfg file is aliased to the Nieup_17. If you haven't got the Nieup_17 installed the EIII won't be listed on the Free Flight menu. That might explain your problem.

You can always re-alias the sound to an aircraft you do have.
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Fokker EIII? Post #6

Postby Tango_Romeo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:42 pm

[glow=yellow,2,300]I d/l'd the EIII and created a mission and hit 'Fly now' but it wouldn't run, I got the message-"Aircraft initialisation failure Fok EIII".

Am I permanently grounded or can it be fixed?
[/glow]

The Sound.cfg file is aliased to the Nieup_17. If you haven't got the Nieup_17 installed the EIII won't be listed on the Free Flight menu. That might explain your problem.

Yep.....that's number six in the list of Common CFS2 Problems & Fixes in the Sticky post at the top of the forum page.
Last edited by Tango_Romeo on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Hands Make Small Work Image P-51 Contract Lost - Build Swifts

FLY FOX FOUR KOREA: http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2korea.htm GET FOX FOUR EXTRAS: http://www.simviation.com/lair
Tango_Romeo
Major
Major

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Ok thanks, replacing the sound file solved it, dunno how I missed that piece of advice before, duh..
Screenshot from 2 minutes ago:- DH2's meet the Fokkers-

MORE ACTION SHOTS-
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforu ... ight-Sim-2)
Last edited by Scatterbrain Kid on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Glad you got it working.

dunno how I missed that piece of advice before, duh..

Whenever you install a new aircraft it's always a good idea to check it out in Free Flight before attempting to use it in a mission. Then you will soon find out if it's correctly installed.
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Hmmm on paper that sounds fine, but I had a few bad experiences with free flight a while ago because some downloaded machines woudn't work in FF but would work in mission builder (or was it vice-versa?), so nowadays I bypass FF completely and just go straight to MB as life's so much simpler that way..:)
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Hmmm on paper that sounds fine, but I had a few bad experiences with free flight a while ago because some downloaded machines woudn't work in FF but would work in mission builder (or was it vice-versa?), so nowadays I bypass FF completely and just go straight to MB as life's so much simpler that way..:)

If an aircraft won't work in Free Flight I very much doubt it will work in a mission. (Excepting aircraft configured as AI Only drones which won't be listed on the Free Flight selection menu.)

Now you know what to look for you should be able to fix all the other aircraft you've had problems with.
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tango_Romeo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:19 pm

... so nowadays I bypass FF completely and just go straight to MB as life's so much simpler that way..:)

Simpler?
Last edited by Tango_Romeo on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Hands Make Small Work Image P-51 Contract Lost - Build Swifts

FLY FOX FOUR KOREA: http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2korea.htm GET FOX FOUR EXTRAS: http://www.simviation.com/lair
Tango_Romeo
Major
Major

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Simple missions only take me 2 minutes to build, and if an aircraft won't work I fix it and try again, I see no need to waste time trying it in free flight first..:)
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:35 am

[glow=yellow,2,300]In fact the aircraft initialisation issue has plagued me over the years; it affects about 1 in 6 aircraft I download.[/glow]

Simple missions only take me 2 minutes to build, and if an aircraft won't work I fix it and try again, I see no need to waste time trying it in free flight first..:)

I rest my case. ;)
Last edited by Hagar on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:20 am

Let me clarify to clear up any misunderstandings-
If an aircraft fails to initialise, my habit has been to simply delete it and download another one, and another, until I find one that works.
But now in the first instance I shall replace a duds sound file instead, a remedy that usually works (but not always).
As regards free flight, I can't see any reason to use it which is why I do all my stuff in the mission editor all the time.
I mean, why would I want to try out a plane in free flight when it's just as convenient to try it out in the editor?
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2