Can you recommend any..?

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Can you recommend any..?

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi guys, I've been away from CFS2 for a few years (got temporarily sidetracked into other flight sims) but have just reinstalled CFS2 and am ready to fly again.
A few questions-

1- Was CFS2 ever patched or upgraded since it was first released in 2001, or has there only ever been just the one version?

2- I want to download a bunch of aircraft, but there are so many around that it'd take me forever to sift through them all and flight test them individually to find ones I like, so do you have any personal favourites that you can reccomend so that I can home straight in on them?
Basically I want them to have a good flight model and be good looking texture-wise.

3- Likewise, are there any ground texture addons to bring the scenery to life with buildings, trees, bridges etc?

4- And if there are other assorted addons/enhancements of various kinds out there, your recommendations would be welcome..:) 
PLEASE STOP LINKING IMAGES, IT SLOWS THE FORUMS DOWN FOR OTHER USERS!!!!
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Can you recommend any..?

Postby Polar_Lion » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:18 pm

depends on where you want to fly

right now i'm doing the Korean war from FoxFour. that has me hooked rather good :)

you also have many others to choose from. i do recommend loading mutiple copys of CFS2. i have 3 right now LOL.

as far as patch i dont think there are any. atleast i haven't found one yet. though in a way these are all patches.  :-/

my fav areas thus far

WWI any and all
The Austrailian expansion
The Taffy 3 campagnes
and the Jolly Rogers campagnes
and finally the FoxFour KoreanWar

Pick your poison and have fun.
Might do the russian front campanges next. have to wrap up my current RAAF campagne that i'm making.
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Okay thanks, but regarding indivdual aircraft it appears it'll be a slow job and I don't have the time.
For example if I want a P-47 or Me109 or Spitfire etc i'll have to download every single one (possibly dozens), which would involve wading through old outdated versions in a process of elimination and test-flying to find ones I like.
That's why I was hoping you guys could tell me which are the best so I could simply download them and save all that time.
PLEASE STOP LINKING IMAGES, IT SLOWS THE FORUMS DOWN FOR OTHER USERS!!!!
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Polar_Lion » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:30 pm

oh that part is rather easy. i'd go with the newer versions first. unless some of the guys have thier favs. remember you have that pesky 100 plane limit to deal with as well. hence the multiple installs i mentioned.

pick a time and theater of operation then get your planes for that. there is so much now that yes it will take a while.
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."
-Tom Krause
Polar_Lion
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Pepelyayev » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:04 pm

A good idea is to make a update of the default planes, like A6M2 , A6M5 Zero, D3A1, B5N2, Hellcat, etc. All this planes were updated and a lot improved with new texture models at the MDL(no more mirror painting), improved virtual cockpits, etc.
Last edited by Pepelyayev on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepelyayev
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Can you recommend any..? B24 Guy

Postby Tango_Romeo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:12 am

[quote]A good idea is to make a update of the default planes, like A6M2 , A6M5 Zero, D3A1, B5N2, Hellcat, etc. All this planes were updated and a lot improved with new texture models at the MDL(no more mirror painting), improved virtual cockpits, etc.
Many Hands Make Small Work Image P-51 Contract Lost - Build Swifts

FLY FOX FOUR KOREA: http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2korea.htm GET FOX FOUR EXTRAS: http://www.simviation.com/lair
Tango_Romeo
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2