The Dambusters Addon for CFS2

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

The Dambusters Addon for CFS2

Postby colinevans » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:22 pm

Finally got CFS2 primarily to fly the Dambuster missions using the dambuster addon!
I an a little disappointed as I can only fly AJ-P and AJ-F lancs - why not AJ-G - Guy Gibson`s aircraft?????
I have tried to repaint one of the lancs in the addon into AJ-G but all I get is a grey texture in the game
Also the acft appear very hard to fly - jump about the sky turn upside down and then hurl to the ground at a great rate of knots!!!
Any help with above points greatfully appreciated
Regards,Colin
colinevans
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: The Dambusters Addon for CFS2

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:30 pm

You fly P-popsie because I think thats the aircraft that actually blew up the mohne dam.
Your repainted textures are grey because you need DXTbmp by Martin Wright.
Your not meant to throw the lancaster about the sky. Fly it level and it will not plummet to the ground.
Just enjoy flying at 0 feet in a 4 engined bomber at 300kts.

So there you go. The dambuster addon pack is great and well worth the money. Enjoy it.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby colinevans » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:00 am

Many thanks for that - I have  successfully added AJ-G as one of my lancs now and quite happy - Still having problems maintaing constant altitude on the long flight s but I am sure I can overcome this with practice
Regards,Colin
colinevans
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:31 pm

press X. ;)

Or install an autopilot.

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby colinevans » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:42 am

Really appreciate all the help,I know about the X key but I really want to fly to the dams in real time!
If you know of a good autopilot for cfs2 pse point me in the right direction
Regards,Colin
colinevans
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:49 am

Hmm... All you really need is to edit the panel so as to give you one. I'm not to sure on how to do this i'm afraid.

I would reckommend pressing X. Theres nothing wrong with it and remember. It does place you just where you want to be for the main attack. If you still want to fly it real time either start a new topic asking how to get autopilot installed on you aircraft or practice. Its hard to keep them straight and level for long periods of time.

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby colinevans » Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:15 pm

Thanks again for your help-really appreciate it.
Regards Colin
colinevans
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:21 pm

No problem. If you have any other problems don't hesitate to ask. Lots of people here know lots more about what make CFS2 tick. ;)

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby colinevans » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:30 pm

Finally got it all sorted!!!
I used cfgedit to install a very basic autopilot into THE DAMBUSTERS Addon - it gives me course hold and alt hold and it is a flick switch type and blends really good into the Lancaster panel
I have also customised some of the menu screens with photos of Guy Gibson and 617 Sqn pictures etc and the whole thing has a very authentic feel about it but more importantly I can now fly the lancs - so far practising real time from Scampton to the Derwent dam!!
Looking forward to flying the real dams mission
Regards,Colin
colinevans
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:52 pm

Well done.

The dams raids are fun just stay low. On the sorpe raid especially. The flak is really bad on the way there. Shot me down quite a few times.

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby michaelmichael » Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:42 pm

Hi guys

been watching your banter back and forth about the dambuster campaign/missions.  They sound like fun to fly. Please tell where i can obtain the same campaign/missions
thanks

michaelmichael ;)
michaelmichael
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:20 pm

Its an addon pack from justflight. It costs about

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2