Please Help

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Please Help

Postby Krazel » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:29 am

Whenever I play cfs2 it plays ok for a few seconds and then I get the blue screen of death and it says" fatal exception oe 0028:C1AB45D IN VXD TBC SPUD COD. Can anyone tell me what this means? I'm dying to play!
My machine is an intell 1000mhz, win 98se, 512 ram, rage fury pro, turtle beach santa cruz. Is my machine even fast enough to play this game? Thanks for any reply.
Krazel
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Please Help

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:20 pm

Have you installed any 3rd party software before this happened? And have you considered a reinstall?
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SilverFox441 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:51 pm

"oe 0028:C1AB45D IN VXD TBC SPUD COD"

VXD's are generally device drivers in my experience. I would also guess that the code TBC is related to the Turtle Beach sound card that you have.

You might try to re-install or update the device drivers for your sound card. You could also consider turning the hardware sound acceleration down.
SilverFox441

Postby Krazel » Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:06 pm

Thanks for the reply Woodlouse2002 and  SilverFox441. I got so frustrated in trying to get the game running I formated my hardrive and updated all drivers : mootherboard, video, sound. It still is wacked out. I'll try turning down sound acceration and see if that helps. Thanks again.
Krazel
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby paleodian » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:00 pm

Krazel,
 I recently had probs with the infamous microsoft "blue screen of death" running cfs2 and windows 98se.  I found out that 98se has an inherent bug with vxd's (microsoft drivers) and running some programs, especially high end sound and video cards that were not invented yet at the time when 98se went into production. The boys and girls at microsoft may not admit to this bug, but they DID quietly slip a fix for it on the windows knowledge base website. Go there, and download the patch (VXD fix). It worked wonders for me. Hope this helps,
                             Paleodian
paleodian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2