A panel for VBPlanes Ki45

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

A panel for VBPlanes Ki45

Postby kelticheart » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:13 am

Good day everybody! I just uploaded a panel for VBPlanes Kawasaki Ki45 Toryu I 'tweaked' from Fightertown Design Group and Marvin Carter's (aka "Mahbin") A-20 Havoc panel I previously downloaded here in the CFS2 panels section.
Unfortunately I couldn't find an e-mail address for FDG and Mr. Carter's address caused an 'unknown address' error message returned from AOL postmaster.
That is, I don't have any written permission to post my modified panel from the original designers, as stated in the Sim Viation upload rules.
Hoping I didn't break any copyright or upset anybody (I stated the same things in the readme.txt enclosed in the zipped file) I post this topic here in order to let anybody know to whom the credits for the original work should go. Besides, if anybody knows how to contact the above mentioned, please let them know there is a standing request for permission by me.
I am a recent member of these forums and I just want to be as correct as possible, since I fully agree with all the anti-piracy rules established here.
Knowing I am speaking to WWII warbirds and simulated flight (not only simulated, in my case, since I am taking real flight lessons, making a great treasure of the PC-simulated experience I learned over the years!) enthusiasts like me, I also hope it is understood my intents are only to share the same enthusiasm in creating something other people can enjoy as well as me.

Sl
kelticheart
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: A panel for VBPlanes Ki45

Postby _526th_Fireman » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:12 pm

You did the right thing and all that can be done. Sometimes I too have tried to get permission to post someone's work or permission to tweak or enhance their work and like you, get no reply or the "Undeliverable Mail" message. In this case I post this on my website in the descrip of the download and include a Readme from me explaining the situation.
So, I feel you are covered here kelticheart.
Systemax Sabre Ultimate gaming rig.

I got all the goodies and all the power I need to run anything thrown at me for the next two months!
_526th_Fireman
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2