Re: New guy question

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:27 pm

air files contain the info for how the plane flys.
the cfg files do somthing... I have no idea actually... damn...
the dp file contains all the weapons info for that plane. you can edit it to give your plane more guns, rockets, bombs etc.
the cdp file is related to the dp file in some tedious way. it needs to be deleted for changes in the dp file to work. the cdp file is automatically remade when you start CFS2.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby _526th_Fireman » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:06 pm

The DP file will also list damage profiles for your acft., specified in the "Box Strings". The DP file also will list any FX your acft. should display, when and how much and under what conditions.
The CFG file also has flight characteristics and norms for the acft. Plus many other things. It is closely tied to the air file.
For your benefit, being new, don't mess with any of them for now. Changing anything in the air or dp files of your STOCK acft. makes them MODS which raises hair on the back of most pilots on the Zone. :-)
Systemax Sabre Ultimate gaming rig.

I got all the goodies and all the power I need to run anything thrown at me for the next two months!
_526th_Fireman
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2