Will Combat Flight Simulator 2 run on Windows 10

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Will Combat Flight Simulator 2 run on Windows 10

Postby 1933Pontiac » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:17 am

Hi to all. I was a member here back in early 2000 and ran CFS2 with a Combat 568 Joystick on Windows XP at the time. Had no problems with it running on a cheap HP desktop and with very little Ram and cheap Video card. After couple years I stored the CFS2 disks and the Combat 568 Joystick in a box. UPDATE: I decided to get back into my CFS2 and Combat 568 stick running on a new HP p7-1510 desktop with Windows 10 Home as the OS, with 3.30 gigahertz Intel-Core 13-3220 Processor, 8078 MB memory, 1000T gigabytes Hard drive, and connected to a LG 34WK650 Ultra Wide Monitor.
Here's what I have done to get the CFS2 up and running once again. Installed the CFS2 by the two (2) disks which didn't take buy a few minutes to by computer and put a Icon on the desktop. Downloaded the "NoCD" patch, and additional patches. Here's what happens when I click on the icon on the desktop and "run as Administrator" the CFS2 flashes for a "second" on the monitor and disappears. After that one or first "flashes of CFS2, I cannot get a repeat on this still shut-down the computer and make a restart.

I have been at this for three days and still cannot find the problem. I have ran the Capability mode in every way possible and still no CFS2 loading on the monitor.

Anyone here know of a solution?

Thanks
1933Pontiac
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Will Combat Flight Simulator 2 run on Windows 10

Postby zswobbie1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 am

Mmmm, try installing into C:\ & NOT into the default directory, Run in XP compatibility mode & as admin.
Maybe that will do it!
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Will Combat Flight Simulator 2 run on Windows 10

Postby Hagar » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:24 am

1933Pontiac wrote:Installed the CFS2 by the two (2) disks which didn't take buy a few minutes to by computer and put a Icon on the desktop. Downloaded the "NoCD" patch, and additional patches.

CFS2 runs perfectly for me on Windows 10. It might be necessary to run it from the CD to complete the installation process before installing the No-CD patch.
I don't recall any additional patches but the same would apply to them.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2