Quick Combat Problem

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Quick Combat Problem

Postby investdude » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:18 pm

I have a total of 4 installs of CFS2, one for the original CFS2 PTO, one for ETO, one for Korea and one for In Defence of Australia. In all of them except for the original PTO, Quick Combat does not work properly. When exiting from a QC session, instead of going to the Outcome picture of the Debriefing screen, it defaults to the main CFS2 screen where you can choose Free Flight, Quick Combat, Missions etc. If you then select QC or press F it goes to the Outcome picture of the Debriefing screen but if you then try to fly QC again by pressing F or Fly Again you get a CTD. I have examined the CFS2.CFG and QC.MIS files carefully, comparing them to those in the PTO version that works correctly, but can't find anything wrong. I'm stumped. Anybody have any ideas about how I could troubleshoot further?
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Quick Combat Problem

Postby Hagar » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:00 am

I have no way of checking this out but my first thought is that the problem might be caused by 3rd party aircraft you're using as Enemy aircraft.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby investdude » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Thanks for the reply Hagar. I tried a Quick Combat using stock aircraft for both friendly and enemy. No difference.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:45 am

OK. Back to the drawing board. :whistle:

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby investdude » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Looks like I've solved the problem though not because of my own knowledge or expertise. With one of my 3 extra installs I opened the qc.mis file, deleted all the text and saved it. Then I flew a QC mission and, as usual, the program defaulted to the main CFS2 screen instead of the Outcome picture of the Debriefing screen. I then pushed F a couple of times which took me to the Outcome picture. I pushed C and then F and flew another QC mission. Instead of starting at 5,000 feet it started at about 2,000 feet and I got a Prop Strike warning message. But when I exited from QC I got the Outcome picture of the Debriefing screen and the program operated normally from then on. Then I tried the same thing with my other 2 installs and both went back to normal. So I don't know why the strange behaviour happened but if it should happen again I have some idea of what to do to fix it. If anyone else should encounter the same problem this post could be found in a search and might help.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2