Startup Problem

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Startup Problem

Postby investdude » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Help, I'm unable to start up my CFS2. I get the message: "Can't find the model b24d_liberator in the library." Then CFS2 goes to the taskbar and cannot be opened or closed. I have to close it with CTRL ALT Delete. If I knew what is meant by the "library" I could at the files there but I don't. Any help would be appreciated.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Startup Problem

Postby Hagar » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:44 am

investdude wrote:Help, I'm unable to start up my CFS2. I get the message: "Can't find the model b24d_liberator in the library." Then CFS2 goes to the taskbar and cannot be opened or closed. I have to close it with CTRL ALT Delete. If I knew what is meant by the "library" I could at the files there but I don't. Any help would be appreciated.

I suspect "the library" refers to installed files. Look in your CFS2\Aircraft folder for a folder named B24D_LIBERATOR. This a default 'AI Only' aircraft used in default missions & quick combat. CFS2 cannot find it for some reason. Perhaps you deleted or renamed it? If a default aircraft is missing you should be able to copy it from your CFS2 CD.

Alternatively, install this updated flyable version. Rename the parent folder from 'War Baby' B-24D Liberator to B24D_LIBERATOR
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=nWarBabynnB-24D.zip&categoryId=83&filename=Y

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby investdude » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:00 pm

OK tried replacing B24D_LIBERATOR, no change, substituted the War Baby Liberator as B24D_LIBERATOR, no change. Tried replacing the OBJECTS_DP SCENEDB and CFS2.CFG files, one at a time from a separate install that still works but no dice. Something somewhere has got corrupted or inadvertently deleted but don't know where to look.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:59 am

Nothing springs to mind right now but I've forgotten most of what I once knew about CFS2. :think:

You could look in the CFS2 root directory for a file named error.log. Open it in Notepad to see if that helps narrow down the problem.

Have you recently installed any 3rd party aircraft or missions? What about the 100 plane limit?

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby investdude » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Problem solved! Discovered that the B-24 aircraft.cfg file had somehow gone missing. Replaced it and CFS2 works fine again. Must have been some kind of computer glitch because all the other aircraft are OK. Thanks for your help Hagar, your memory of CFS2 may be a bit out of date but it's still better than most of us!
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Glad you fixed it. 8-)

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2