No Posts

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

No Posts

Postby investdude » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Noticed that there's been no posts since July, 2014. Would hate to see this CFS2 forum be discontinued, it has been very helpful to me in the past. Can't see myself ever giving up playing CFS2, it's unique!
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: No Posts

Postby alpha_1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:54 am

I'm in total agreement with you on this. I check in here from time to time to see if there's been any activity and I've been disappointed. I belong to other site forums and post occasionally but it'd sure be nice to see this forum get a little busier.

Cheers;
alpha_1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Cody_Coyote » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:24 am

Agree, but I fear CFS2 has pretty well run its course. There are some active forums still out there, but even at those you see the same handful of people posting again and again. It's a great sim, but at 14 it's ancient as a computer game and I doubt any new people are coming on board. I don't think it will go away any time soon, but it is being relegated to a small group of hardcore fanatics. Hats off to Simviation for keeping this board up and running. Of course their CFS2 library is essential to anyone still flying.
Cody_Coyote
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby alpha_1 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:02 am

I tend to agree with you on this. CFS2, by today's standards is uncluttered and simple. That's preciisely why I like it so much. There's a lot of historical significance in the sim and it's easily modded.

I have a whole stack of newer combat sims that I never fly. I'm not so dedicated that I feel the need to fly every day and with the newer ones that's pretty much what I have to do to stay in the air, much less stay alive in combat. I can't imagine the amount of training required of fighter pilots in the real world......mind blowing.

As much as I like Lock-On, for example......I've never flown a complete mission or campaign. There's just too much going on, even when landing. I'm getting long in the tooth and my reaction times are slowing down considerably. I'm actually in the process of creating a new CFS2 install dedicated to WWI as I write this. Great fun.

I still have Lock-ON FC, Falcon 4.0 sp4 installed and love to take those airplanes out for a spin now and then but just don't have the time to get fully immersed as I used to do. With CFS2, I can leave it alone for a couple of weeks, jump into the cockpit of whatever and fly a quick combat mission to hone my skills again, then reimmerse myself in some campaigns fairly easily with a reasonable chance of success. To my mind, it's the best all around flight combat sim ever designed for WWII aerial combat. I'll wager that's the reason ol' diehards like me stick with it.

No matter what our personal preferences are, thank God there are lots of excellent sims out there for any level of interest and skill.

Cheers,
alpha_1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2