CFS2 on wide screen monitor

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

CFS2 on wide screen monitor

Postby investdude » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:51 pm

Have given up running CFS2 on Windows 10; it does work but is full of bugs and is just not worth the trouble. So I bought a used computer with Windows 7 and a wide screen monitor and CFS2 is working much better on it. Just one thing is bugging me and I'm hoping someone will have the answer here. On Windows 10 CFS2 runs at the same size as on a non-wide monitor, leaving a blank band on each side. This is perfect as the airplanes and panels do not appear stretched. But on Windows 7, CFS2 occupies the full width of the screen. I've done research and tried everything but cannot find out how Windows 10 reduces the size. I have found a work-around, running CFS2 in Windowed mode and while it's better than full screen it's still not ideal. If it can be done on Windows 10, surely it can be done on Windows 7, but I've tried everything and run out of ideas. Can anyone help?
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: CFS2 on wide screen monitor

Postby investdude » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:18 am

OK I found the answer by experimentation. It has nothing to do with CFS2, the problem is in the monitor. You have to Right Click on the desktop, select NIVIDIA Control Panel, select a Task, Display, Adjust Desktop size and Position, select Aspect Ratio as the scaling mode and Perform Scaling on: change Display to GPU. Then CFS2 runs centered on the screen about 2 3/4 inches from each side. It works great, it's way better than running in Windowed Mode!
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2