Panel Gauges and Air File Components

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Panel Gauges and Air File Components

Postby investdude » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:45 pm

I have converted a number of FS2002 and FS2004 aircraft to CFS2 and make my own panels for them. A problem that often arises with jet aircraft is that often EGT, oil pressure and fuel flow gauges don't work.

For instance with the Fox Four Korean War F-86 (I don't use the included panel, I have made my own) the oil pressure and fuel flow gauges work but the EGT gauge does not. I have found that if you add air file 540 and 1501 the EGT works but the oil pressure and fuel flow then don't work. So it appears to be a matter of having the correct air file components in the air file.

This looks to be too complicated to resolve by trial and error. I wonder if anyone, like Hagar the Guru of CFS2, would be able to shed any light on this.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Panel Gauges and Air File Components

Postby Hagar » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:09 am

Thanks for the compliment but AIR files have always been a mystery to me. Sorry.

My old friend & Fox Four colleague Tom Sanford (Tango_Romeo on this forum) might be the one to ask but we've lost touch & I'm not sure if he's still around.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Captainslog » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:27 pm

<<r
It's most likely to be incorrect labeling or titling in the XML files. Check that your new panel is compatible with what is expressed in the XML.
Another possibility is that in the panel cfg something maybe missing from the gauges descriptions. It could be a commer, exclamation mark or a full stop in the wrong place.

Good luck!
Captainslog
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby investdude » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:52 pm

No XML involved. And if there was anything missing in the gauge description the gauge wouldn't display, which it does.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2